Meal Delivery Service

Options
I recently tried a home meal delivery service and absolutely love it. All the ingredients are delivered to your door and each recipe includes nutrition labels. This makes it super easy to enter in a food log. Has anyone else tried a meal delivery service. Do you love it or find it too expensive? Also, If you want a referral to the delivery service we chose, let me know! The referral gives you a discount on your first order.

Replies

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did Blue Apron for about a year and a half. It served its purpose for the time we were doing it, meaning that we found it useful and worth the money. Eventually the meals became more of a hassle than anything and we canceled. I do miss the variety sometimes, but one thing we took from it long term were some new cooking techniques, different types of ingredients, and lots of sauce and dressing recipes we would never have thought of on our own.
  • Jpefitness
    Jpefitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive just placed my first order with northwest company prepped2go they have their meals listed here which is a great help. Cant wait to start! I pay 65 a week for 3 meals a protien shake a day and oats.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There are lots of threads on this! It’s pretty popular.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've done Plated (pretty gourmet) and SunBasket (organic).
    Pros and cons to both but I'm partial to Plated. I like the convenience and modify the recipes to fit my macros. I have a $40 discount code for SunBasket if anyone wants to try it. With the discount, your first week would be as low as $24 for 3 recipes for 2 people (6 meals).
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did Hello Fresh for about a year and a half and then switched to Freshly for a month or two. For the first year HF was awesome. We had a huge variety in meals, cooking became fun again (without the stress of shopping), and we enjoyed most of the meals. But they added a lot of additions that seemed to lower their variety without giving benefits that we saw as worth paying for. If you have the funds to spare, want to try some meals that you might never, I'd recommend them.

Freshly was nice because they were pre-cooked. This was coming up on our wedding when time was pretty crunched, so it was nice to not have to cook when I was getting home after 730 from work. But variety was limited by what they had available, and a good chunk of the meals I couldn't eat due to personal dislikes.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We used Blue Apron and HelloFresh off and on for about two years...we liked picking which menu looked better for a given busy week! :)
    It's how we survived both finishing grad school at the same time. It was a huge relief that 3 nights a week, no one had to pick a recipe, write a grocery list, and make time to get to the store after work (or worse, at 10 pm after a grad class). That decision fatigue is real! We loved making the recipes together and we still cook together every night. We still make a few of our favorites from both - we saved some recipes - and we really enjoyed getting to try flavors, sauces, and spices from all over the world on a random Tuesday night at home.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use HelloFresh, not every week but if I know that I have a hard week coming up with work or if I know I'll be especially busy I'll hop on and check out the menu and get a box delivered. Sometimes I do it if I just get sick of going to the grocery store.

There are weeks that my time is more precious to me than spending time grocery shopping. But I don't mind cooking, most of the recipes only take 20-30 minutes.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do Blue Apron every so often and love it. Sometimes we get tired of eating the same meals all the time and it's nice to get some more variety and ideas. Not to mention food is delivered to your door so that's less grocery shopping we have to do. We don't always love every meal but most of the time they are decent enough. The recipes we like we put in a binder and will occasionally make them again ourselves.

I have no idea how much we pay for it but my wife claims it's not that much more than buying the items at the grocery store.

The only problem is the options are kind of limited and they don't always sound good, but you do get a bit of a choice.