Struggles

Options
Struggle with food choices and portion size. Need to change attitude and mind set to eat healthy. Working out has never been an issue just eating right. I have very little self control when it comes to foods. How can I eat less and not feel hungry all the time. Carbs and sugar are my devil. Hoping to lose a tom of weight by late june starting today.

Replies

• cmchrissy7
    cmchrissy7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Me too. I feel the struggle.
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I can easily get to the gym but I struggle with portion control. One thing I like about this app is that it lays the calories out plain. Sometimes I do random searches just to see how much it will be. Try to come across a food that does not cost much in calories and eat til you get full. Lightly salted popcorn is my latest craze. It takes a lot before the calories add up and it's filling!
  • himi86
    himi86 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi. In the same situation here. Working out has never been an issue..food has always been my weakness. This app is great because it shows you everything as far as calories. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you're ready to work on your mindset. Because first you need to relearn what healthy eating is. A healthy diet is getting enough of what you need every day, and not too much of anything over time. No foods are in themselves healthy or unhealthy, you can eat anything you like in moderation. So there is no one way to eat right, there are a billion different ways to eat well. Healthy eating is a healthy diet and a healthy relationship with food: You're mindful about getting in proper nutrition, but you're also relaxed and eat what you enjoy, and enjoy what you eat. You eat too much sometimes, but you don't consistently overeat. You eat for nourishment and pleasure, not to ease emotions or chase boredom.

Demonizing foods, food groups and nutrients will not make you want them less, it will intensify your cravings. When your goal is to eat perfectly, even a lick of a banned food will mean that you've failed. Feeling of failure often, will make you want to give up. It's easy to give up. Make it as easy as possible to continue.

You can't lose a ton of weight by July this year unless you have a lot to lose. You can expect to lose up to 1% of your body weight per week if you are obese, set your calorie target properly, log correctly, and hit your calorie goal every day, never cheat, never guess, never forget, never give up. Your weight also fluctuates, so don't expect to see your loss as a straight line.

You're not supposed to starve or otherwise suffer to lose weight. When you set a reasonable calorie target and eat a varied and balanced diet, you won't feel hungry all the time. If you eat what you like, you won't feel deprived. You will be hungry before meals, and you will want to eat more and other things sometimes, but you have to learn to say no to yourself. It takes discipline, but it's easier when you're kind to yourself and give yourself what you need.