Do fat burners work??

Options
Just wondering if anyones tried fat burners to help the process with stubborn fats? Thx

Replies

• emily_platinum90
    emily_platinum90 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    if they worked we wouldnt all be here counting calories and the world would be thin

I just mean helping the stubborn hips and stuff. Or do they just give you energy to do more exercise
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    if they worked we wouldnt all be here counting calories and the world would be thin

I just mean helping the stubborn hips and stuff. Or do they just give you energy to do more exercise

The only thing that helps is a deficit. That being said, if you're at a good weight for your size you might consider recomp.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    What's a stubborn fat? No fat burners do not work and you cannot target fat loss in certain areas of your body.
  • Benjames07
    Benjames07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just placebo? After all, while taking fat burners you need to hit the gym and maintain diet.
  • SloppyBulldozer
    SloppyBulldozer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Some thermogenics do help with appetite control, but most will be blunt about the fact that they're not going to work without proper diet and excercise. If they don't say that, normally they're sugar pills haha
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Diet is about all you can do, now if you want a area to be better. Just diet and lift weights, not so much cardio. Muscle helps
  • emily_platinum90
    Options
    My hips and stomach. Im eating clean and exercising everyday. Fat burners have good stuff aswell as caffeine to boost your energy levels. I know you cant choose were the fats coming off
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    My hips and stomach. Im eating clean and exercising everyday.

But are you weighing your food, counting your calories and eating at a deficit?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Clean, schmean. Doesn't matter what you're eating. If you're eating too much of it you're not going to lose weight. I lose weight eating Lean Cuisines, drinking wine, and even eating at Taco Bell. Because I'm in a calorie deficit.
  • emily_platinum90
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    My hips and stomach. Im eating clean and exercising everyday.

But are you weighing your food, counting your calories and eating at a deficit?

Yes

• emily_platinum90
    Options
    Iv only just started at week and half ago. Lol. Iv lost 4.1 kgs . Just hate my hips and stomache
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Iv only just started at week and half ago. Lol. Iv lost 4.1 kgs . Just hate my hips and stomache

If you are losing fat already then why do you need fat burners lol? I don't like fat burners...my fat burning supplements are exercise and Intermittent Fasting (Y)
  • emily_platinum90
    Options
    Falklang wrote: »

If you are losing fat already then why do you need fat burners lol? I don't like fat burners...my fat burning supplements are exercise and Intermittent Fasting (Y)

Abit of extra help i guess.. was just looking into them as they help you perform better as it gives you energy
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Falklang wrote: »

Abit of extra help i guess.. was just looking into them as they help you perform better as it gives you energy

If you need energy just smash down the water, make sure you eat enough and add some caffeine (coffee, no sugar energy drinks etc.) before workouts or something. :) Don't buy into the the fat burner industry.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you want to know how fat loss really works......

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10628464/how-fat-loss-works/p1
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You've been at it for only a week and a half and you're asking about fat burners?

Honey, this is a slow process. You need to give it time. Keep at it with the eating and exercise and take a before photo now, and then take another photo in about 4 months. If you keep up the deficit and the exercise you will see a lot of difference. But now? Nope.

Anyone who tries to tell you that they have a pill to help you target fat/lose weight/block carbs is talking absolute bollocks for the benefit of their own financial gain.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    They burn your cash really well.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are the only fat burner that works.