Other 5’8”-5’11” women... looking for friends and to hear your goals

Options

Replies

• Bishop602
    Bishop602 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'8 175 lbs, I would like to be at 155-160. I was about 145 before I just started gaining weight out of nowhere it seemed. But I went from a size 3-4 to now a 7-8 which isn't that bad, just not what I am used to. Also, I have my goal set at 1500 calories a day, and I work out and it subtracts those calories. Does the exercise calories count towards what I consume? For example, if I go over and eat 1800 calories and burn 300 calories I am at my 1500... or do I need to eat under 1500 calories and still burn 300 calories and be at 1200?
  • sianlhalewood
    sianlhalewood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and started at 189lbs a couple of weeks ago I'm now 182 but my goal is 160ish x
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @Bishop602 Your exercise calories are additional calories you can consume, so yes, if you eat 1800 but burn 300, you are still within your net calories. :smile:
  • IcelandicBlonde27
    IcelandicBlonde27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    How many calories are you guys eating? 1200 net was so low for me.. I did it and lost 7lb in 3 weeks on it, but. Since moved my net calories up to 1500-1800 calories net per day and I’m still losing just way slower and I feel like I have a lot more energy... I’m losing about 1lb a week on these higher calories

i eat between 1500-1800 and like u i am losing around 1 lb per week. I can't eat the 1200. I turn into a ravenous wolf LOL!

Spirit animal
  • IcelandicBlonde27
    Options
    SusanDSME wrote: »
    How much attention do you all pay to macros? I'm finding it hard to make my protein and calcium goals- and the calcium especially worries me. I don't want to get osteoporosis!

I’m young ( mid 20s) so I’m not very concerned with macros at this point... instead of watching macros I make sure I’m eating mostly fresh meat, fruit and veggies as the main bulk of my foods. I still eat lots of pizza, chocolate and fast food occasionally. I just make it fit my calories.
  • IcelandicBlonde27
    Options
    How many calories are you guys eating? 1200 net was so low for me.. I did it and lost 7lb in 3 weeks on it, but. Since moved my net calories up to 1500-1800 calories net per day and I’m still losing just way slower and I feel like I have a lot more energy... I’m losing about 1lb a week on these higher calories

I just go with whatever MFP tells me to eat with my goal set to lose 2lbs per week. Right now, that number is 1710, it started at 1740. I readjust it each week with my weigh-in. I would STARVE on 1200! 1740 was even hard to get used to at first, but that just made me realize how much I was eating before.

Yeah the biggest shock to me from becoming educated through this app is that I really cannot eat as much as I thought. I always thought being SO tall and so active ( I’m less active these days compared to just a couple years ago) that I could eat more than average. I was really wrong and that’s why I’m trying to lose weight now lol. I did some trial and error off the sites recommended calories and it does seem I maintain fairly high on sedentary days (~2300-2400 calories maintenance). This is high especially as I am under 150lb currently. I would probably still lose on 1700 but I’m too scared to net much higher than that.. I’ve been netting roughly 1500 a day. I’m losing fast on that.. just not 2lb a week fast. Which is perfectly fine as I only have 10-20 lb to lose. I will decide after I have my next physical with my doctor. Most girls my height would not have to weigh so little, but I am VERY small framed. I do not look sick at the lower weights of healthy BMI. I actually look quite overweight at average weight for my height. My wrists are so small I can wrap my hands around them more than once. They’re about 3.5” so I know I am super small framed and not the average girl.

• need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi there! So I’m new and I’ve been on here a month and have lost 7lb. I am taller than 95-97% of women at 5’9.5”-5’10” so my goals are a little different than someone who is 5’2”. What is your goal weight and what is your routine ? :)

Feel free to add

I'm 6'0". Goal weight is 170 right now (currently around 175 and 23%BF). I've been as low as 165 but starting weight was 190. I'm sort of maintaining but if I lose along the way, then that's fine. I'm eating around 2500 calories.
  • need2belean
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ljboots86 wrote: »
    [img]https://us.v- Also realized tall people generally carry their weight differently - so sizes: currently size 12 jeans and a large or XL top.[/img]

Everyone carries weight differently. I'm taller than you and wear a size 12 but a size medium in shirts. haha My tata's went away when I lost weight.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    5'9, 178 lbs. I'm losing on 1870 calories per day. Not sure what my goal weight it, to be honest. I'm going to assess if and when I get to 165 lbs.

ETA: And I typically wear medium shirts and size 8 pants. No tatas here, either. Team #sportboobs.
  • need2belean
    Options
    How much attention do you all pay to macros? I'm finding it hard to make my protein and calcium goals- and the calcium especially worries me. I don't want to get osteoporosis!

I pay more attention to macros than I do calories because sometimes the calories don't match up to the macros. But that's just me. I like to make sure I'm getting in enough protein and fat.
  • molliencharlie
    molliencharlie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5ft 8 here. Starting my journey at 278 lbs. I feel most comfortable around 150-160. Like a size 10/12. Since it's so cold outside I've been working out at home. I might not seem that tall, but every other female in my family is 5ft3 or below. I enjoy walking with friends but they're all super short and I feel like I have to slow down or take smaller strides so they will keep up.
  • onlythingtodois
    onlythingtodois Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'8", SW 275, CW 245, GW 155 - CICO and trying IF 16/8, current -2lbs calories are ~1300 which can be a little tough, but I try and fill the void with water and tea.
  • IcelandicBlonde27
    Options
    Hi there! So I’m new and I’ve been on here a month and have lost 7lb. I am taller than 95-97% of women at 5’9.5”-5’10” so my goals are a little different than someone who is 5’2”. What is your goal weight and what is your routine ? :)

Feel free to add

I'm 6'0". Goal weight is 170 right now (currently around 175 and 23%BF). I've been as low as 165 but starting weight was 190. I'm sort of maintaining but if I lose along the way, then that's fine. I'm eating around 2500 calories.

You look amazing in your photo!!
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My numbers: 5'9" SW 222, CW 178, GW 177. I joined MFP in November 2012 at 222 lbs. Original GW was 172lbs, which I reached in March 2014; however, I was really thin and much prefer my current weight. My activities include Bikram yoga, lap swimming, and walking 6 days per week. i consume about 1600 calories per day and wear a size 12.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    and zumba and strength training one day a week each, which I'm lukewarm about (the workouts don't even make me break a sweat.. I think they're geared toward elders, which is pretty much who lives where I do).

Hey, @SusanDSME - can you use some heavier weights? I don't usually break a sweat when lifting weights, but I am often out of breath. I always rest between sets and I always know I've done a workout.

(apologies to the original poster for the hijack of the thread)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    campdawson wrote: »
    My numbers: 5'9" SW 222, CW 178, GW 177. I joined MFP in November 2012 at 222 lbs. Original GW was 172lbs, which I reached in March 2014; however, I was really thin and much prefer my current weight. My activities include Bikram yoga, lap swimming, and walking 6 days per week. i consume about 1600 calories per day and wear a size 12.

You look like Vivica Fox in ur profile picture. :)
  • Cyclone2011
    Cyclone2011 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-9" and started at 260 on 1/1. I would like to be down to 160 as my first goal, but ideally 140-150. I'm eating 1600-1700 calories a day and getting at least 30 minutes of exercise in. I'm down six pounds in two weeks.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'8 SW was 256 GW 147... Achieved GW about 4 months ago and maintained since on about 1650 cals daily. Went from UK size 22/24 to a UK size 10 and I feel fabulous :) so to everyone at the start of thier journey, good luck, you will not regret making this change to your life.