Do you overeat or starve when depressed?

Options
13»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    On really bad days I forget to eat and end up having to force myself both to get out of bed and to feed myself.
  • crysgabriela
    crysgabriela Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can't eat when I'm depressed.
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! It sucks. I'm an emotional eater overall. Stress tends to take me there too.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When im Sad/Annoyed I binge, but If I'm actually depressed I lose my appetite.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I exercise and sleep for any emotion other than happiness/content. I always feel all my emotions in my stomach, so whenever I'm in a state of turmoil, I have zero appetite.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    when im depressed or overly stressed i dont eat.

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I feel like it all depends for me. Sometimes, when I'm depressed, I'll binge eat but there are other times where I'll barely eat anything or nibble on any food that I've been given
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Typically when I get depressed most food doesn't sound appealing so I don't eat, but I get very hungry and it often ends up with me making bad choices (there's no way I'm cooking anything when that happens, so it really depends on what's easily available in the fridge). If anything triggers me (like my kids being difficult), that's when I'm more likely to binge too.

I did lose 2 lbs not too long ago when I was in a bad place for a week.
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I binge unfortunately. The only time I starve is when I am truly sick and don't have an appetite because I'm really ill which is rare.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    I definitely overeat. When I'm super anxious I starve.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Binge, something fierce. Binge eat, binge Netflix, binge naps...and after even just 1 or 2 days of it I find it so much harder to get back into normal and healthy eating, exercising, moving more and sitting less, and going to the gym. It's a vicious cycle that is so easy to get into and so difficult to get out of!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people lose their appetite when theyre depressed. I tend to binge eat, watch tv, get lazy and sleep when I’m sad/depressed. I’m wondering how many of you do this, or just not eat at all....? I hate to admit, but I wish I was on the other side of the spectrum.

depressed - I don't eat
    stressed - I overeat like crazy!