An Honest Introduction

Options
I guess I just want to better introduce myself..

My name is Amber, I’m 23, and super over weight. I wish I could say that I didn’t know how I got here, but ultimately I do know. I graduated high school at 190lbs which I thought was overweight, and that I was hideous, after a few family deaths, and beginning a new relationship the lbs began to pile on. I got comfortable with my new partner, weight and looking good wasn’t a concern anymore. We ate out all the time, and rarely made time to exercise. Then one day I went shopping for new pants….I was wearing a 15 so I grabbed a couple of those and headed to try them on….but none of them fit, they didn’t even come close. Little did I know I needed a 22; then bam, it really hit me, my face looking back in the mirror wasn’t even mine, it was some fat girl’s not me. What I would give to be back to 190lbs!!

It’s funny, all my life I was told I was fat, at age 10 my dad told me I needed to start dieting because I was bigger than all my classmates (not to mention 5 inches taller). ‘it will only get harder as you get older’ he would tell me. Even though he was right, it gave me only a feeling that I would grow to encompass, the feeling of being unwanted and worthless.
Currently, all I see when I look at myself, is fat. I don’t see the person anymore…I’ve lost my person!
So here I am, trying to find my person again, trying to find that face that used to be mine, trying to find that size 15 again!!! Most of all though, I am trying to find years. I need to gain back all these years of my life I have spent not living to my full potential, and the years that obesity is taking off of my life.

So If there is anyone out there looking for their years, their face, and their life, let’s find them together!
I have been trying to do this alone for years, I truly believe that the only way I can do this is with people who will support and motivate me, and I will support and motivate in return.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an AMAZING site! We're here for you! :)
  • sunnydaiz
    Options
    Welcome!!!! :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amber!!!!
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. There is much needed support here :flowerforyou:
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Amber! You CAN DO THIS!!!! This is a wonderful, supportive, and truly motivational community, that I am sure most feel blessed to have found!

You will gain back control of your life, body, and mind, and start living again! There is no doubt in my mind! =)

best of luck to you on your journey and keep your chin up! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of what you said, and I'm so happy for you that you found MFP - it is a fantastic place to start. You can totally do this. :)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    This is the right place. Lots of positive friendly folks, frined us (my wife is hootsmamma) if you need friends. Welcome and luck on your on journey.
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber and welcome, you have found the right community. MFP is a group of inspiring people who work very hard at attaining a goal. You will love it. Stay encouraged and focused and you along with all of us, will get to your goal in the end.