Over the edge binge and binge and binge

Options
Yesterday at dinner i lost it. Sonic tots, double cheeseburger, spaghetti, egg noodles etc.. Thank goodness i made it to bed and went to sleep. I think that during the day as i traveled for business that i was super stressed out, did not plan my meals and eat to make myself feel better. I feel like i was caught in a cyclone and while sane was insane and just was going to over eat at any cost.

Am i alone or can you relate? I could use some people to comment if they have had this experience and what you did next.

Thank you

Replies

• CamelPuncherello
    CamelPuncherello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel like this happens when I'm either exhausted or emotionally tapped from stress. Things like periods of burn out at work, hangovers, traveling, come to mind. I think its important to reflect why it happened, try to become aware of it sooner in the future, and simply carry on with the lifestyle regimen you're on. I imagine this happens to most people. Can only change the actions ahead, and so on. For myself, taking melatonin or ZMA even when I don't necessarily want to, to catch up on rest and let the body "detox" the stress helps prevent me from going down the rabbit hole. Of course, this doesn't work 100% of the time, but helps me. Best of luck.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I can do really well one week and then really "bad" the next. Yesterday (due to not getting a lunch break), I got home from work and was so hungry....... I started eating anything I wanted.... A gigantic bowl of salsa & chips, cheese sticks, hershey kisses, reeses, dark chocolate truffles, pizza rolls, warhead candy cane (yum!), etc........

The key is to not beat yourself up about it. It's going to happen every now and then :)
    Wake up the next day and try to do better!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Not alone, I try to forgive myself and do the right thing now. I try to use a daily resolution to log my food to help me be disciplined. I also try to pay close attention to my binging triggers.
  • Destined4Change
    Destined4Change Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen too. Typically it is when I am too tired or when I feel overwhelmed. It can also be if I like you said, haven't planned my meals or letting the needs of others come before my health. It can also happen when I am trying to eliminate all foods that I love instead of eating them in moderation. You are not alone. On the bright side I just wake up and start over. I have been learning to talk to myself and tell myself I can pick up in that moment and stop. I remind myself it's not like its a free food feast. :-) I have had to work on my perfection or nothing mentality when it comes to losing weight and truly refocus and see this as a life journey. Don't beat yourself up and remember today is a new day. I like to say "Do the next right thing" for your health. You are worth it.
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Justin741 wrote: »
    Not alone, I try to forgive myself and do the right thing now. I try to use a daily resolution to log my food to help me be disciplined. I also try to pay close attention to my binging triggers.

Hi remember I m supposed to help you with food choices
  • sauci
    sauci Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My binges are late at night, I have a good day generally but there seems to come a point where I just too tired to care. Tonight 2 x pasties, milkybar buttons, 1 cake and a pack of french fries and I am trawling the community for advice on avoiding binges. Any tips?