Filling Foods?!?

Options
Im just wondering what everyone is eating for filling foods (esp snacks). Im struggling with this weight loss and esp trying to stay exercising- i was doing so well 6days a week 45min-80min a day and then got the flu and took 4 days off. But i find somedays im starving and am close to or am maxed out for calories even after i eat something.

So just wondered what everyone is eating for filling foods!

Replies

• sromeo18
    Options
    Im just wondering what everyone is eating for filling foods (esp snacks). Im struggling with this weight loss and esp trying to stay exercising- i was doing so well 6days a week 45min-80min a day and then got the flu and took 4 days off. But i find somedays im starving and am close to or am maxed out for calories even after i eat something.

So just wondered what everyone is eating for filling foods!
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Fruit, fiber (fiber one bars are excellent), water (cannot stress enough to stay hydrated), handful of nuts, whole grain foods....

109912.png
  • expressbug
    Options
    I like these snacks...

90 Calorie Quaker Granola Bars
    Natures Valley Fruit and Nut Bars
    Celery and Peanut Butter
    Apple and Peanut Butter
    Grapes
    Strawberries
    Apples
    Pears
    Peanuts
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I start the day with a lot of protein. Someone once told me to eat 20 grams of protein in the am to help curb cravings. It seems to work for me. I eat 2 egg whites almost every day and lately have added one whole egg and a piece of whole wheat toast. It seems to keep me going until around 10:30. I get up at 4:30 to get my exercise in.

Amanda
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just lots of protein and fiber!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash is great.

There is a whole book on eating foods that make you feel more full for less calories. It is called Volumetrics. I know that Weight Watchers is incorporating it into its plans as well.

I haven't picked up the book yet, but it's on my wish list!
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I eat salads. salad anything. If I feel like a burger I have about four handfuls of lettuce and cut up one cooked hamburger patty and then add a tablespoon of mayo, some mustard, some ketchup, and some relish. Or last night I had a fish salad. I cut up two cooked battered fish fillets and added a tablespoon of mayo. Sometimes I have a samosa salad. One serving of cooked samosa and a tablespoon of mayo. Explore your wild side. Anything you can have on a sandwich or on a bun you can have in a salad. Lettuce is low in everything and it lasts for ever. :drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Fozen bluberries or chopped apple mixed with fat free cottage cheese a few walnuts, and rolled oats. Filling and yummy! Carrots with peanut butter(all natural) I like crunchy.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • sromeo18
    Options
    THanks! I guess im on the right track- been eating lots of fruit and veggies and my protein and everything is right around what its supposed to be according to MFP! Just need to fight the urge and try to drink extra H20 i guess!

Thanks everyone
  • ShakeDown1993
    Options
    oatmeal. soup.