Breakfast Foods

Options
gmcfen
gmcfen Posts: 2 Member
I think breakfast is the hardest meal for me to stay focused. I am always so hungry in the morning. I think it is the biggest meal of the day for me. I could use some high protein, low carb ideas if you would like to share. Thanks!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Omelettes, filled with lots of vegies
  • victoriaduhxo
    victoriaduhxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm almost the opposite. If I eat a heavy breakfast, I'm sluggish no matter what I eat. I go with 2 eggs over a Tomato and Basil rice cake. Mmm :) Then I eat roughly two hours later.
  • kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese - granola - berries - mixed
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i like eggs with a little cheese and optional veggies. (i like it with chopped tomatoes especially) To keep the calories down i only use one egg yolk. I also pair it with a couple slices Morningstarfarms veggie bacon when I have it. Occasionally I will have a slice of toast with butter or peanut butter with it. (i'm on a reduced carb not a no-carb diet.) and coffee with soymilk and a sweet n low.
  • adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks Skenibour! Awesome idea! I also love breakfast food. On my days off I do meal preping. In a frying pan i fry lots of veggies, anything i have lying around, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, some hashbrowns, turkey bacon etc.. i beat 10 eggs (only 5 yolks) and pour it over the veggies, then spread that in 5 small Tupperware and freeze it. I work from 4 am until 1230 pm, so by 7 am I'm quite hungry therefore I don't feel guilty eating eggs because I know I'm going to work it off.
  • charlouiselb
    charlouiselb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    skenibuor wrote: »
    Grease the muffin tin really well and pour or ladle egg mixture into the tins.

These sound like a great quick and easy protein snack. If you can get some silicone cupcake/fairy cake cups, I’d think you can leave out the grease/oil/butter. I got mine at IKEA but you can do a kitchen store or Amazon. I’ve cooked with them a few times and everything just slides right out.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check out the low calorie protein cheesecake thread - cheesecake for breakfast is awesome! The recipe is super-customisable so you can add whatever you like to suit your tastes - fruit, nuts, chocolate, spices etc. Chia puddings are also good as they have lots of fibre to help fill you up too. There's loads of recipes online so again, loads of options to suit your tastes.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    4 egg omelet--3 eggs whites only, 1 regular egg. Very filling and only 120 calories. Mix in salsa, or veggies, or low calorie cheese for variety.
  • sculls79
    sculls79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Omelettes or today I had 3 ryvita with a tin of sardines
  • gmcfen
    gmcfen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Much better than Steel Cut Oats with Blueberries and cinnamon every day.