Swamp People

Options
Any Swamp People fans out there? Choot Em! i love this show!

Replies

• mesafford
    mesafford Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "The box don't look good, Tommy!" :laugh:
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    My whole family watches it! Great show!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I've watched every episode. I guess that makes me a fan!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love it. But I'm very glad they have subtitles because I can't understand a word they're saying! We've only just got it here in Australia. It's gold.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    it cracks me up that they have subtitles! Is it just me or can you understand them? I understand every word they say! Maybe im a swamp person at heart! lol
  • boomboom011
    Options
    I love it. But I'm very glad they have subtitles because I can't understand a word they're saying! We've only just got it here in Australia. It's gold.

we must have been typing at the same time.
  • boomboom011
    Options
    what does troy say? mudder fricker?
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I only watched it once but, as someone else said, I can only understand a word or two of what Troy says. And that guy with the ridiculously long braided rat tail coming out of the back of his head creeps me the hell out. Definitely interesting to watch though!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    I only watched it once but, as someone else said, I can only understand a word or two of what Troy says. And that guy with the ridiculously long braided rat tail coming out of the back of his head creeps me the hell out. Definitely interesting to watch though!

Yea he is different. i could listen to those accents all day.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a Cajun myself and I live only about an hour away from the Atchafalaya River Basin! We aren't all swamp people down here... but we do have our own dialect unique to our area. When I spent the summer in St. Louis, MO I was asked on a daily basis where I was from. I don't require subtitles though... :tongue:

Anyhoo... my sister-in-law participated in a silent auction where she won a chance to be on Swamp People... they haven't filmed that episode yet! That is gonna be CRAZY!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    Well I'm a Cajun myself and I live only about an hour away from the Atchafalaya River Basin! We aren't all swamp people down here... but we do have our own dialect unique to our area. When I spent the summer in St. Louis, MO I was asked on a daily basis where I was from. I don't require subtitles though... :tongue:

Anyhoo... my sister-in-law participated in a silent auction where she won a chance to be on Swamp People... they haven't filmed that episode yet! That is gonna be CRAZY!

I love cajun people too! i have never met anyone from LA that i didnt like. P.S. im your neighbor in Texas!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I love cajun people too! i have never met anyone from LA that i didnt like. P.S. im your neighbor in Texas!

I luv me some Texans too... :tongue: Yall are like southern belle beauty queens who can eat crawfish just like a Cajun! A large portion of the people around here are transplants from Texas...
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Love it! some interesting folks to say the least. what about those two brothers that hunt squirrel and laugh all the time. they are hilarious!
  • Talako
    Talako Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Using the show as reference, I found that "Water Boy" got the mumbling accent right.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    it cracks me up that they have subtitles! Is it just me or can you understand them? I understand every word they say! Maybe im a swamp person at heart! lol

Hahaha I've newly discovered this show and I love watching it! It's not just you, I can understand them perfectly too lol
  • thebiggreenmachine
    thebiggreenmachine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Choot 'em Liz, choot 'em! Love this show!
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options

We need the subtitles here in the US too! I can't understand them either!
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    I really like it. Only seen it a few times. And the episodes that I watched did have subtitles, but I don't need 'em. :tongue:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good show. I'm gonna try and watch it.
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Love it! some interesting folks to say the least. what about those two brothers that hunt squirrel and laugh all the time. they are hilarious!
    I think those two are smoking what they grow:smokin: My husband and I are so hooked on this show. OMG did you see the one where willys daddy shot him "again". lol :laugh: