introduce yourself

Options
:flowerforyou: Hi, like this site, I have hit a plateau and not losing. Hope this will help me progress. I have lost 40+ lbs. and I need to lose another 40+. I had been swimming and water exercise twice a week but due to cost of gas I have cut back to 2- 4 times a month for it is a 30 minute drive. I have started walking with my dog about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 miles a day at least 4 times a week but usually closer to 6 days. Hoping this will motivate me by writing down what goes in my mouth.

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! Congratulations on losing the first 40 lbs!!! It is a long hard road but well worth it. I am struggling in the losing department too. I love the idea that you are walking with your dog...that will be a big help. I would love to be your friend and give you the motivation, support and encouragement that you may need. Please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. It would be a pleasure to take this journey with you.

hugs
    Bev
  • shuttlefan
    Options
    Hi, 40 pounds lost is fantastic. Walking will be a great help as your continue on your journey. I have been on this weight loss road for some time and find it is a long road the older I get. I joined this site a couple of weeks ago and have been very motivated since joining. Let's help each other as we continue forward.
  • Zonegirl51
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be one of your friends and support for this journey. Please add me as your friend. I lost my job through a forced resignation as a teacher for special needs students. That's how I lost the original 40 lbs. was all of my troubles with the new principal who wanted me to break the law and I wouldn't so she targeted me for removal. My last year at school was miserable due to her but not with my students. They were wonderful and we saw great strides with almost all of them. When you can touch one life it is awesome. The first thing I did for me before I lost all of my benefits was I had both knees replaced last summer. I cannot believe what I suffered for many years with the pain and agony. It had gone on since my early 20;s. I am now 60 and feeling good and able to stand, walk down hill and just walk with out a cane or anything!!! My true goal would be to be 150 again...I told myself in college I would never way over that....first year of marriage and the move, new job, etc I went right to 200 from 140 on my marriage day (May) til Christmas. My short term goal is to get back to that 200....my top weight was probably 288 and I got it down to 240 once and right before surgery it was 225. I was creeping back up so I am aiming to get it under control and hit new goals.