90 pounds lost *with pics*

Options
asilmegan34
asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
edited January 2018 in Success Stories
Starting weight: 270
Current weight: 180

So, thank you for checking my post out. I hope I don't make it too terribly long.

I've had weight issues off and on for most of my life. I remember at a very young age (like 7) sneaking food in the middle of the night and hiding the evidence from my family. I witnessed my mom having an eating disorder and purging, and when I brought it up to my family they said it wasn't a big deal, so I thought this was somehow normal. I would say it was around 19 or so when I would intermittently binge and purge. I abused diet pills and would eat so little and be incredibly dizzy at work. Around 21 or so, I hit 245 pounds and relocated to a different state. My ED would continue, along with depression, self loating, and a whole lot of bad memories. Because my self esteem was so low, I would flirt with guys just to get their attention to see if they liked me, because I attributed that to my self worth. And it was a cycle that didn't seem to end.

Fast forward to getting married and I was still sitting at 245. It's not a great picture mainly because I can't find many from that day because I hated how I looked.

6t8y55f1upjg.jpg

I got pregnant, and after I had my second daughter that was when things just really clicked with me to use MyFitnessPal. This was 3 years ago. I started tracking my calories and being more active, and the weight started coming off. Then 7 months ago I dedicated to doing low carb because of some hormones issues and that it just worked for me. With therapy AND this eating lifestyle I have my ED under control. I feel SO confident and my self worth is so much better than it ever was. And I'll say that the real weight loss happened when I started therapy. I had to address a lot of issues I was struggling with, and once I realized I was deserving of love and happiness and forgiveness, that was when I made the real changes to doing weight loss healthy. I have about 10ish pounds to go and after that I plan on doing some serious strength training and conditioning.

Here are some progress pictures below. My advice to you is to love yourself, and don't give up on yourself and dont be afraid to seek counseling. It makes you a strong person to talk to a stranger and talk about your life, and it proves you are dedicated to being the best version of you!

[edited by mods] Thank you again for reading this!

ktfdlcyhtr7x.jpg

ca8qkz8e3bqa.jpg

8uujshmqecry.jpg

kkfj5us8kjk0.jpg

e5dtrf3agjho.jpg

tjt2gkwim3ob.jpg

r6p9mzne5ucp.jpg

w6n0rfykal74.jpg

Replies

• jocelynmoore08
    jocelynmoore08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Incredible job!! You are an inspiration!
  • amberhayx
    amberhayx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh my god this is amazing!! You’ve done such a great job ! WOW
  • lizellingson
    lizellingson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! I need to lose about 50 pounds or so, but my initial goal is 30. Thanks for giving me hope that it can be done!
  • Mikkimomof6
    Mikkimomof6 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • asilmegan34
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! I need to lose about 50 pounds or so, but my initial goal is 30. Thanks for giving me hope that it can be done!

You definitely can do it!
  • dboyer30
    dboyer30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I have a total of over 100 lbs to lose and stories like yours are an inspiration to keep going.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, and what's more- you look HAPPY. Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration! (I'm slightly under your starting weight now, so this is nice to see)
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Lisa! Proud of you for doing the physical and mental/emotional health work it takes to make such beautiful, healthy changes. For many of us, eating is tied to deep emotional stuff and seeking therapy is such a good idea! I started in January :smile: Congrats on taking such good care of yourself and your stellar results!
  • asilmegan34
    Options
    DanerTee wrote: »
    You look incredible, and what's more- you look HAPPY. Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration! (I'm slightly under your starting weight now, so this is nice to see)

Thank you so much! Yes it can definitely be done. I actually lost all of my weight mostly through diet. Not a ton of working out so it is definitely attainable! You can do it :)
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Wow girl, Wow~
  • rlaurain
    rlaurain Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your lifestyle change! :) You look great.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting and for your honesty. I just (last week) started therapy for a myriad of things and have heard so many times that when you go to treat depression it results in a weight gain, not loss like you experienced. I just needed to hear it can go both ways!
  • asilmegan34
    Options
    Thank you for posting and for your honesty. I just (last week) started therapy for a myriad of things and have heard so many times that when you go to treat depression it results in a weight gain, not loss like you experienced. I just needed to hear it can go both ways!

For me, I used food to medicate the depression and my poor self esteem. Therapy was like untangling a massive knot of Christmas lights. It took time and as I unraveled one strand, I was able to see things a bit clearer and work on the next one. Things still get tangled up from time to time but I'm able to catch my way of thinking and I have a couple other tools that I use and I can straighten things out. Great job for you starting therapy. If you dont like your therapist dont hesitate to find someone else. :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! You look amazing!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job! You look great. You are an inspiration.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you!
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring, thank you!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You are SOOOOOO beautiful! Wow! Great job! Oh, and I love the sparkly work out gear!
  • adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very inspiring!
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Great job, very encouraging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!