Uneven abs?

Options
Been doing situps, crunches, and other ab exercises for a while now, I can feel my top two abs under my belly fat..
But the left side is abit bigger than the right side..? When I'm doing the exercises, the burning sensation feels even on both sides, so I don't know why the left is bigger than the right..

Can anyone help? :D

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wish I had that problem...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's normal, we're not all symetrical models
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    It sounds like there may be other muscles taking over on your right side - my guess would be hip flexors. Try wall crunches to make the abs do all the work, and see if that helps.
  • Brookelee30
    Options
    What r wall crunches? Sounds like something I would want to do.
  • Jordonnn
    Options
    Yeahh what are they?
  • cblayiii
    Options
    Wall Crunches- Lie on your back, place your feet on the wall bend knees and hips at 90-degree angles. Tighten your abdominal muscles while raising your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for three deep breaths. Relax your neck and shoulder to avoid strain. Down to the start position and repeat.
  • Jordonnn
    Options
    Ohh okay thanks :))
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wall Crunches- Lie on your back, place your feet on the wall bend knees and hips at 90-degree angles. Tighten your abdominal muscles while raising your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for three deep breaths. Relax your neck and shoulder to avoid strain. Down to the start position and repeat.

Also, try using a medicine ball, or a weighted ball while doing this!
  • Jordonnn
    Options

Also, try using a medicine ball, or a weighted ball while doing this!
    Could I use a dumbell?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You could use any weight, but any sit up with your feet not anchored uses more abs than hip flexors.
    However, since your concern is symmetry, I've no idea why this would be relevant?
    If it was a concern (it shouldn't be, genetics decide your abs divisions), then surely they should be advising you to isolate and work the side that's lagging?