Always on the go.

Options
Tess_Christine
Tess_Christine Posts: 87 Member
Im a mom of two boys and im ALWAYS on the go, even being at home i usually and running around with my head cut off. . Anyone have super easy grab and go meals? Someone suggested the special k diet to kick start weight loss or meal replacement drink but im not to sure what to make for that either... any ideas would be amazing

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't you have sit down meals with your sons? You remind me of my grandmother, she never had time to sit down when we came to visit :D Weight loss doesn't need a kick start, the hard part is continuing. Just eat food, but not too much.
  • Tess_Christine
    Options
    I try to have sit-down dinners with my kiddos typically what they eat I definitely won't while trying to lose weight. But if I don't sit down I'm usually buzzing around the dinner table talking with them about their day.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    You can eat anything and lose weight, and it's great for the kids to get used to lots of different foods. Eating the same things. together, is good for your relationship with food, I'm sure you know, just reminding.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I try to have sit-down dinners with my kiddos typically what they eat I definitely won't while trying to lose weight. But if I don't sit down I'm usually buzzing around the dinner table talking with them about their day.

Your their mom cant you take the baby steps into a healthier diet with your kids? Dont they need to be healthy to? Side note, You can lose weight eating anything. Another side note, Lifes to short to not enjoy things like dinner with your kids because they eat differently. Eat what they do (Which if everything is to junky for your healthy weight loss diet may need to change up so when they grow up we dont see them struggling here to lose weight to) Just add a big "side" of mixed veg even. Think of what you can add, Not what you cant have.
  • Tess_Christine
    Options
    The kids do eat healthy, i just honestly am a lot more picky when it comes to foods. Like they love baked chicken with cheesey veggis and rice. Me personally ill eat the chicken but dont care for cheese .. i cant say i never sit with them but im usually getting things done while we do eat. I cant say im the perfect mom when it comes to that stuff but with the schedual we do have i try my best. I know i can eat about anything and lose weight, i just was hoping for more on the go suggestions bevause of my schedual and its easy for me to just grab junk food.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I think we eat too much partly because food is too fast and easy, so I'm not sure more eating on the go is the way to go. You have to spend some time on food and eating anyway, but you can schedule meals and cooking. It's hard to suggest specific dishes to a picky eater, and I think making eating and cooking a priority could make you more adventurous and creative and confident.
  • skenibuor
    skenibuor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making salads in a jar? This could be a fun thing to do with your kids. Everyone makes their own and layers them in the mason jars. When you are ready to eat them, you just take them out of the fridge and pour into a bowl. There are oodles of ideas on the internet about salads in a jar and they usually last 4-5 days in the fridge.

For breakfast, you can do overnight oatmeal in a jar with different flavors. Again, lots of ideas on the internet about these.

Lastly, writing up a weekly meal plan will help keep you on track and you'll find lots of things that you can make ahead of time. It really doesn't take much time and it can be fun to involve the kids in the planning, grocery shopping, and prepping.
  • Tess_Christine
    Options
    That is a really cool idea! Im definitly going to look into that thank you!