Looking for Weightloss Buddies

Options
I had my son 4 months ago by c-section. Right now my goal is to lose about 30-40 pounds. There are times I can go WEEKS following a plan set out for me. But not seeing results or having anyone there to say, "No, don't eat that." Or "No, it takes time don't give up." It makes it harder. I have a best friend who LOVES LOVES food just as much as me, and a husband who wouldn't stop me from eating a gallon of ice cream if that's what I wanted. I love them both to death, but I'm trying to find people who are in the same boat as I am with their weight-loss goals and people I can go to for support and that I can give support to!

Replies

• LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome! I can relate, as most people can on this site. My husband is very active and doesn't need to lose. I have to make an effort. There is a lot of support on here. Good luck on your health journey! :smile:
  • katcedeno
    katcedeno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and same goes to you. (:
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well my sister already replied to your post but I'll be your friend if you're looking for support along the way! I know how hard it is to lose and also how hard it is to live in a house with people who don't necessarily care about what you eat. It'll be hard and tough but I am so confident that you can do this :)
  • bmstxcc
    bmstxcc Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also new to this site and looking for support. I have a three year son, it makes me sad that I weigh just as much, maybe even more as I did when I 9 months pregnant with him. I hoping this is the real turning point to healthier life style, and no more "I will start Monday." Please feel free to add me.
  • katcedeno
    Options
    Thanks, it means a lot to me, honestly. And seeing what you've accomplished during your weight-loss journey motivates me more to get this done for myself. (:

Congrats to you for turning what you wanted to be into what you are. You look amazing!
  • katcedeno
    Options
    Hi there,

I am also new to this site and looking for support. I have a three year son, it makes me sad that I weigh just as much, maybe even more as I did when I 9 months pregnant with him. I hoping this is the real turning point to healthier life style, and no more "I will start Monday." Please feel free to add me.

I'm the same way. When my days is half over or completely over, I'm unhappy with what I ate, or what little I did. And I think "Oh I'll start doing this and that tomorrow, or Monday." I really want this to finally be that tomorrow!
  • m25b
    m25b Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in ...needing support as well
  • dilspoonbear
    Options
    Bah I know what you mean my husband also has an active job & is 6ft 5in so he can eat just about anything & tons of it. I however can not. I have a 20month old little girl via c section. (Very complicated one.) It was SO hard to recover from due to complications and this extra weight Im packing around. We want to have another baby soon but I want to give my body its best chance at an easy recovery. Need some weight loss buddys as well. :)
  • balibee146
    balibee146 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi welcoe to MFP. I was overweight for almost a decade always planning but never actually losing. I thought of it as temporary but one day realise that 'temporary' doesn't match with years and years. OH eats cake biscuits ice-cream every day and I'd say he is 'skinny fat' - slim but not healthy. I can empathise. I've lost about 30 lb so far, 23 since coming on here. Another 10 - 14 lb to go. I'd love to be your friend. I'm Scottish, 41 and 2 young boys.
    Wishing you every success on your journey to a healthier life
    Ali x
  • aleecefaught
    Options
    I need friends to, had a baby a few months ago and need friends for support but don't know how to add anyone ?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you choose.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    welcome! u could do this. take it one day at a time. tell your husband and best friend that you need their support on this. you need to do this for yourself. you will succeed:)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too except my son was born almost 7 weeks ago. I'll send a request.
  • katcedeno
    Options
    I'm in ...needing support as well

I'm here if you ever need motivation or support!
  • katcedeno
    Options
    Bah I know what you mean my husband also has an active job & is 6ft 5in so he can eat just about anything & tons of it. I however can not. I have a 20month old little girl via c section. (Very complicated one.) It was SO hard to recover from due to complications and this extra weight Im packing around. We want to have another baby soon but I want to give my body its best chance at an easy recovery. Need some weight loss buddys as well. :)

I can relate. I had an emergency c-section after 20 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. My incision opened about half way which delayed my ability to do any exercising. It just recently closed up last month.
  • katcedeno
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who added me, and to everyone who has given me encouraging words. It means a lot. (:
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I always welcome new friends. No reason we should all have to do this alone!