Anyone have issues with loose skin?

Options
banana8200
banana8200 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2018 in Motivation and Support
I have been slimming down, I also lift to tone muscle but some areas I’ve noticed are harder then others like my bat wings lol anyone else that is losing a huge amount of weight having that problem?

Replies

• shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    Haha! I have this one really annoying piece of skin under my armpits. It’s SO GROSS and it drives me crazy. I wish it would go away but unfortaunely it hasn’t.
  • adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had abdominoplasty after I lost 100 pounds, ask me anything! Also breast reduction and lift. Arm skin is still there, doctor recommended I work out and shape my arms. Surgery could be very complicated and expensive in that area. So I'm still working on it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have some loose skin on my lower abdomen. It's really low and easy to hide in pants/bikini bottoms/ect. So far it hasn't caused any major problems. I like to wear high waisted leggings when I workout though, because it gets pretty painful during cardio if I don't have anything to hold it in place.
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do I do. Lord it’s a pain. I feel good and look okay but also wish I could wear shorts and tank tops
  • banana8200
    edited January 2018
    Options
    adarba wrote: »
    I had abdominoplasty after I lost 100 pounds, ask me anything! Also breast reduction and lift. Arm skin is still there, doctor recommended I work out and shape my arms. Surgery could be very complicated and expensive in that area. So I'm still working on it.

I think this is probably the route I’m going to have to go How much did it cost you?
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 33lbs. I started at 175lb, it's not a lot of weight but I have some loose skin which is weird. I only have 10lb remaining to reach a normal bmi. Probably because I'm short, pear shaped and I store most of my weight in my lower body. My skin probably just over stretched accommodate all that fat cells. I have some loose skin between my thighs but it's not noticeable. Thank goodness! it's well hidden. I tried on some shorts, short skirts, skorts, rompers and a 2-piece bikini and so far nothing is visible. I think I also have small loose skin around my belly button, which is a weird location. Fortunately for me I still have some fat I can lose in that area. Hopefully all this ab workout I'm doing is effective to prevent any loose skin on my abdomen.
  • adarba
    adarba Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    banana8200 wrote: »

I think this is probably the route I’m going to have to go How much did it cost you?

$4900 this was in 2012. I was lucky to participate in a mommy makeover program at a local teaching hospital, since I was paying cash I got additional 15% off. Normally here in FL that surgery can cost up to $8000. One thing tho, my recovery time was 8 weeks. Plus two weeks light duty at work. Surgery was about 5 hours long. They removed 7 pounds of excess skin. The best thing I've ever done!!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have lost 73lbs since I gave birth to my last baby. I have quite a bit of loose skin honestly. Its mostly on my stomach and I hate it! Its a pretty common problem, you're definitely not alone ❤
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options

$4900 this was in 2012. I was lucky to participate in a mommy makeover program at a local teaching hospital, since I was paying cash I got additional 15% off. Normally here in FL that surgery can cost up to $8000. One thing tho, my recovery time was 8 weeks. Plus two weeks light duty at work. Surgery was about 5 hours long. They removed 7 pounds of excess skin. The best thing I've ever done!!

I have lost over 80.. Over 100 at one point
    It is atleast 8k to have this done now.
  • banana8200
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

I have lost over 80.. Over 100 at one point
    It is atleast 8k to have this done now.

Good to know.... need to start saving lol