Repost: Calorie Comparison [WITH PHOTO]

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
I apologize for the double post, but someone had mentioned in my last thread that they almost didn't click on the topic because they thought the title was leading to something that may have been preachy about calories. I hope the new title is better. :)

Just something fun I wanted to put together to show the exact number of calories when compared to each other.

The top photo is of a Burger King Whopper, medium fries (salted) and a 22 oz soda. The nutritional information listed is for one meal. The sandwich includes all condiments plus cheese.

The bottom photo is of the same number of calories but depicts breakfast, lunch, dinner, 3 snacks and 2 treats. Everything in the photos are accounted for when adding up the calories including the cherry tomatoes and 1 tbsp of dressing on the grilled chicken salad and the cheese on the Denver omelette. The bowl shown in the second row is of a mozzarella and roasted garlic chicken sausage link with 1 cup of steamed broccoli. YUM!

For those who think they can't eat enough food for only 1,300 calories each day... think again! A calorie is a calorie when used to describe units of energy. But... all calories are not created equal! Enjoy the visual. :)

food2.jpg

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - and I know which one is my pic ;-)
  • luckyduck768
    luckyduck768 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!! Especially since there is even a cookie and Dove chocolate included!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    wow and eating all the stuff on the bottom wont make you Run to the bathroom with the RUNS.. sorry lil to much info but for real wow!! thanks for posting this!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's crazy!!! Used to get Burger King a lot b/4 joining MFP....would think nothing of getting the whopper, fries and a coke! UGG!!! The calories in that food is ridiculous!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'd like to mention that the 22oz soda at Burger King is considered a SMALL.

This is amazing!
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    And that you can get refills on the soda!!! OMG Im totally picking the bottom
  • bjohs
    Options
    Have fun with your food! What would you swap out in the bottom photo with something healthy you would like?
  • bjohs
    Options
    I'd like to mention that the 22oz soda at Burger King is considered a SMALL.

This is amazing!

Do you remember the days when you could stop by one of these places and a small meant SMALL??? Since when is 22 oz considered a small drink? Sheesh!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I still kind of want the whopper. LMAO!
  • Laquaya
    Laquaya Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    NEED TO POST THIS IN MY HOUSE. AWESOME!!!
  • cocobeenie
    Options
    The chocolate and the cookie are mostly carb and fat sources but the sugars are so high and they are both really low fiber. I would rather have a savory sweet potato mash with balsalmic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings, a sweet sweet potato mash with cinnamon and PB, or just an apple with some nuts or nut butter.

But if I could replace them wih anything sweet and chocolatey regardless of macros? Chocolate protein powder with yogurt and/or blueberries with some almonds or PB :)
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    scares me to think that before i started on mfp my lunch was a mcdonalds 3 times a week (i work there) and the cals i would have for lunch are pretty much what i would eat in a full day now, now my lunch still is a macdonalds 3 times a week only i swapped my burger, fries, fanta and mcflurry for a grilled chicken salad no dressing no bacon, a bottle water and a fruit bag or occassionally half a low fat muffin if i treating myself
  • bjohs
    Options
    I've received a few messages asking:

Q: Is there a way I can print this to keep it handy?
    A: Absolutely! Here is a link to just the image. Copy and paste in to your browser, then print the page: http://bit.ly/p3ZQsb

Q: What are all the food items in the bottom photo?
    A: An entire day's worth of food including...

First row (breakfast): 3-egg Denver omelette with cheese, one medium sliced orange, one cup of black coffee, one slice of whole wheat toast (no butter).

Second row (morning snack): One medium banana.

Second row (lunch): One mozzarella & roasted garlic chicken sausage link and one cup of steamed broccoli, one cup of baby carrots.

Second row (afternoon snack): 5 dry roasted unsalted almonds

Third row (dinner): Grilled chicken (2 oz) salad with 1.5 cups of romaine lettuce and 5 cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp red wine vinaigrette dressing, one cup of sliced cucumbers, one 1.30 oz bar of Dove Silky Smooth dark chocolate, 12 red seedless grapes.

Fourth row (evening snack): One small chocolate chip cookie, 1/2 cup of sliced green bell pepper (not necessarily in that order, LOL!)

Fourth row (water): A day's worth of water for me is between 8-10 cups. One 16 oz bottle of water = 2 cups.

I hope that helps explain the photo! :)
  • bjohs
    Options
    It has been over a year since I first created and posted this photo comparing a single BK meal versus a full day's worth of healthy, nutritional food. Today, it was brought to my attention that the image was posted on Sensa Weight Loss's Facebook page. So I had to take a look... and there it was!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151280821684644

So I became curious and did a Google Images search for my image. Wouldn't you know it, it was plastered all over the internet with most of them on blog sites and Pinterest. I am having a huge chuckle over this! LOL