Quick and filling breakfast ideas

Options
peavy09
peavy09 Posts: 12 Member
Everyone wants to grab and go in the mornings. Also we want the most bang for our buck. How do you do breakfast?

Replies

• leapowell0511
    leapowell0511 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Porridge honey blueberries.

Grab and go - try making a shake with milk oats honey banana and taking with you.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Look up overnight oats. It’s usually 1/2 cup of liquid, half cup of oats and then you can add in whatever you want. Make it before bed, put it in the fridge and grab in the morning
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Omelette muffins, there's a million recipes available online. Sooo good, very portable!
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese
  • suziebutler12345
    suziebutler12345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach smoothies! 2 cups of spinach, half a cup of mango, a kiwi, 2 clementines, cup of water and some flax seeds! Looks gross but tastes grear
    24383480 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oats using 40gr oats, 1vanilla mullerlight and frozen berrys, i mix them all up and cover, leave in fridge overnight, delicious
  • peavy09
    peavy09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    molly32mae wrote: »
    Breakfast burritos!!! We eat them like crazy. Scrambled eggs wrapped in a whole weat tortilla. We freeze them and then just pop them in the microwave. You can add peppers,cheese, bacon, etc or just do plain.

I like this idea! Thanks!
  • easyvegan
    easyvegan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My daily go to is 30 grams Jumbo oats, 50 grams of blueberrys and 20 ml Almond/Cashew milk and a teaspoon of muscovado sugar, nuke it or heat it on the stove and it tastes like a blueberry muffin.

I also love rye bread with marmite - and if I'm in a dash, a protein shake does the job for me.
  • fritch_gets_fit26
    fritch_gets_fit26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is one egg with extra egg whites added, turkey kielbasa (Hillshire Farms), and a small banana sliced! It's a little high in sodium, but I do not eat a lot of sodium during the rest of the day so I am usually still under for that. But it's perfect bc I can make the kielbasa and eggs the night before and just heat it up while I am getting ready in the morning!
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make an egg or two overeasy and eat on top of greens. Not really portable but fast.
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I also just started overnight oats. I like freeze-dried strawberries mixed in with rice milk, banana, rolled oats, and chia.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwich- toast, ham, egg, a slice of cheese. Chuck in microwave for a few seconds before heading out the door to heat and melt the cheese = portable breakfast! Filling too- keeps me going for hours!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have played with the recipes for the omelette muffins/egg cups/egg muffins and gotten them down to 135 calories a piece. I use turkey sausage crumbles, onion and cheddar cheese. They are filling and yummy. On the weekend, I sometimes will put a piece of ham in a ramekin or muffin tin, then half a slice of cheese, and crack an egg in it. Bake it for 10 minutes... also good.
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i got a silicone egg ring and make my own egg mcmuffins. you could probably freeze those too and microwave them.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are super filling and healthy, and take only a few minutes to make. Add the oats to boiling water and cook 3-4 mins...then I add in a spoonful of natural PB, cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar and top with 1/2 cup of unsweetened cashew milk. But really you can add whatever you want...frozen wild blueberries and real maple syrup is good too. I crave it every morning before heading to the gym!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm inferring from your opening message that you don't want to cook. Further, I'm inferring that you want to grab something and go eat it in the vehicle while you drive to work. There are many nutrition bars you can choose from. Some are marketed as breakfast bars, some as protein bars, some as performance nutrition.