For those who like to look at diaries

Please take a look and feel free to judge it and tell me how i can improve eating habits please if you have any questions shoot

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    I predict that lots of people are going to say you are eating to low ........ but it seems to be good healthy stuff :happy:
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Why so few calories?
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    got a cold milo on the way and a museli bar i swear it will bring me over 1300cal for today
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    I would ditch the diet foods (that will bring your calorie count too) but it is good to see lots of fruit and veg. Eat foods as little processed as possible. Good to see you indulging your cravings sometimes too. Make sure you eat enough - very important! Congratulations on being brave enough to put your diary out there!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Calories wise it's fine, in or around 1200 cals isn't a big worry.

there's lots of variety - great. And plenty of fresh fruit and veg - also great.

A few quick add calories so I can't comment on those.

What's your concern - why do you need feedback?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Are you trying to gain, as your ticker suggests?
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Looks good to me! I am not familiar with all of the brands, but recognize what the foods are based on the descriptions and nutritional values. You drank plenty of water too! Good job!
  • KazNoms
    thank you all for the support! and good feed back

With the quick added calories its things that i couldnt find or work out like we had a bbq chicken tonight and i tore off few strips for a wrap and the other is stuff like dates or from something i made and know the calories for.

And i havent adjusted my ticker since i made it :laugh: sorry im tad lazy but no my goal is to reach 145lbs and maintain it but i cant exercise with my medical issues so im trying to watch what i eat so on so forth.

my main reason for the feedback is because im very new to eating healthy or veriety of food i use to be picky and eat just processed junk over and over and id mainly eat say 8pieces of bread a day! i was so sick from the way i ate, i was hoping if im making mistakes or falling into that habbit again i could get help and be on the right track again
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Is 145 lbs a loss or a gain?

I like all the wholegrains and veggies. It doesn't look like you're overdoing anything.
  • KazNoms
    loss i think ill fix that ticker now..sorry, but okay thank you but im not to good with measuring things out i just guess serving by eye and hope its right
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    You may want to consider more protien...not sure if you are a vegetarian or not but even still protien will help fuel you along. :smile:
  • KazNoms
    You may want to consider more protien...not sure if you are a vegetarian or not but even still protien will help fuel you along. :smile:

Kinda am kinda not? I dont like to eat red meats love fish .chickens ok.....maybe turkey..

Do you think maybe if i started making smoothies/shakes and add eggs for protien?

Im not sure on whats foods are high in protien x(
  • BrindaP
    BrindaP Posts: 9
    Yes on the eggs. Do you like pork? Pork is a good source of protein too and is still a white meat.
  • KazNoms
    Never actually tried pork before Xo might pick some up and try it tomorrow!

god i dont even want to add up my diary for tonight i dont even think id know how im probably way over and seriously upset with myself
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Your diary looks to not be too bad - your definitely heading in the right direction!! Chicken, turkey, fish and shellfish are big sources of protein (also cheese, beans, nuts and yoghurt) so maybe whack some more of that in there. Don't be too hard on yourself, as you said you've gone from eating a lot of 'junk' you're bound to slip up from time-to-time but that's all part of the learning curve...everything in moderation and the occasional treat here and there.

Pork can become a little dry when cooked so make sure you keep it nice and 'moist' during cooking...I really like the tenderloin fillet, wrapped in foil with apples and a little slug of cider then baked in the oven...always comes out yummah!!

Good luck to you :-))