Calling all Geeks!

Options

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I think I like about everything every has said in here.......maybe just at different degrees.

I'm a huge nerd/geek.

I got Harry Potter, Star wars, TNBC, Loki, Harley Quinn and soon Disney Evil Queens tattoo'ed on me.

Love most anime and hentai

GoT is my favorite show =(.......Stranger Things is a love. Dr Who is awesome.

TWD has went on to long and killed off my favorite character recently (maybe, I have hope) so I maybe stop watching it LOL.

Got to love Deathnote but I have refused to watch the American version.......just watched the anime and the Asian live action movies.

I named my son after Eric Draven, The Crow.....and Lestat after the vampire......I'm named after an actor who played Dracula. So I was born to love crazy things =).
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    I saw Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist. My two favourite animes
    Yyyeah, FMA is such a classic and emotional journey between the two brothers, one of the GOAT for sure.
  • YogiJear
    YogiJear Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    VixenMerai wrote: »
    Walking Dead I abandoned after....you know. YOU KNOW. I just got tired of the same crap and...well. They got rid of someobe I liked so...bye Felicia.

Table top games is definitely where I'm lacking. Hubby got me into Warhammer 40k which was actually pretty fun before I got pregnant, and I really enjoy Settlers of Catan!

Please add me you guys I don't think I can via my phone!!

Added!

And oh yeah, forgot about Settlers, I play both the board game with the tiles and recently tried out a shorter card game variant that's also pretty neat (no longest road award in the card game though :'( )

And wait, I'm trying to recall a Felicia on TWD and drawing a blank. But yeah I'm definitely getting tired of the same old trope of "people are the real monsters!" or "should we kill the other people to keep our people safe? Or let them live because otherwise we're no better than them!" that is repeatedly explored with little variation.
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yyyeah, FMA is such a classic and emotional journey between the two brothers, one of the GOAT for sure.

It definitely is. I cried so much during a...certain episode that I had watching. It is amazing
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Big Hannibal fan here and glad to hear that they're at least talking about bringing it back! That ending was pretty awesome though and it would be interesting to see where Will's development goes from there.

Also GoT, but gotta wait another year :s Ahh well, they probably need the time to do all the CGI and choreography as it'll probably be mostly action next season.

I'm still following the Walking Dead only because I've already watched so much and it would be crazy to stop now lol.

Otherwise I'm also into animes: Naruto/Boruto, Dragon Ball Super, Cowboy Bebop, Haikyuu, One Punch Man, Mob Psycho One Hundred, Madoka Magicka, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghibli movies

And table top games! Some recent ones I played are Betrayal at House on the hill, Coup, Pandemic, Munchkin, Boss Monster, Splendor, Hive, Forbidden Island

I'm just too white and nerdy
    Btw u r so pretty
  • VixenMerai
    VixenMerai Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    I think I like about everything every has said in here.......maybe just at different degrees.

I'm a huge nerd/geek.

I got Harry Potter, Star wars, TNBC, Loki, Harley Quinn and soon Disney Evil Queens tattoo'ed on me.

TWD has went on to long and killed off my favorite character recently (maybe, I have hope) so I maybe stop watching it LOL.

Got to love Deathnote but I have refused to watch the American version.......just watched the anime and the Asian live action movies.

I named my son after Eric Draven, The Crow.....and Lestat after the vampire......I'm named after an actor who played Dracula. So I was born to love crazy things =).

You named your son Eric Lestat!?? I think I love you!! My son is named Aerys after the Mad Targaryen King from Game of Thrones (Not necessarily for the character but for the name itself) and his middle name is Olórin which is what Gandalf from Lord of the Rings was called before he was Gandalf.

Add meeee!
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    Walking Dead I abandoned after....you know. YOU KNOW. I just got tired of the same crap and...well. They got rid of someobe I liked so...bye Felicia.

Table top games is definitely where I'm lacking. Hubby got me into Warhammer 40k which was actually pretty fun before I got pregnant, and I really enjoy Settlers of Catan!

Please add me you guys I don't think I can via my phone!!

Added!

And oh yeah, forgot about Settlers, I play both the board game with the tiles and recently tried out a shorter card game variant that's also pretty neat (no longest road award in the card game though :'( )

And wait, I'm trying to recall a Felicia on TWD and drawing a blank. But yeah I'm definitely getting tired of the same old trope of "people are the real monsters!" or "should we kill the other people to keep our people safe? Or let them live because otherwise we're no better than them!" that is repeatedly explored with little variation.

Ohh no no sorry "Bye Felicia" is a saying haha it's quoted from a movie - just what you say when you're leaving something behind with sass!!
  • Pkov123
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »

I'm a huge nerd/geek.

You named your son Eric Lestat!?? I think I love you!! My son is named Aerys after the Mad Targaryen King from Game of Thrones (Not necessarily for the character but for the name itself) and his middle name is Olórin which is what Gandalf from Lord of the Rings was called before he was Gandalf.

Add meeee!

Hi I like some old anime
    Like sailor moon hamtaro glitter force the one with the witch
  • Pkov123
    Options
    Me? Nah come on, what would indicate that!?

Hi do you like cartoons? :)
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    I should really get into some more anime - I tried Attack on Titan but after a few episodes it just felt very samey to me!
  • Pkov123
    Options
    I should really get into some more anime - I tried Attack on Titan but after a few episodes it just felt very samey to me!

Hi do you know this old anime cartoon that was about witches ? :)
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Assassination Classroom, Food Wars, No Game No Life, Re:Zero, Fate Zero, Made in Abyss, Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagan....all fab animes! :D

I enjoyed first season of Attack on Titan, was eagerly awaiting the second for ages, then nothing really happened in it! disappointed.
  • VixenMerai
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Assassination Classroom, Food Wars, No Game No Life, Re:Zero, Fate Zero, Made in Abyss, Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagan....all fab animes! :D

I enjoyed first season of Attack on Titan, was eagerly awaiting the second for ages, then nothing really happened in it! disappointed.

....I have never heard of ANY of the animes you just suggested! Oh...I think I also tried Cowboy Beebop but it was SO similar to Firefly I was like '...I could just watch Firefly.'
    Pkov123 wrote: »

Hi do you know this old anime cartoon that was about witches ? :)

I don't!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

....I have never heard of ANY of the animes you just suggested! Oh...I think I also tried Cowboy Beebop but it was SO similar to Firefly I was like '...I could just watch Firefly.'

heh they aren't as well known, not on Netflix ;)

Assassination Classroom: random indestructible monster threatens to destroy the Earth, but wants to teach the lowest class in a school while they try to kill him

Food Wars: cooking college where great foods are made to pass exams. Cool thing is that all the recipes can actually be made in real life

No Game No Life: 2 gamers taken to parallel world where games are used to decide everything, territory boundaries etc and everything

Re:Zero: guy finds himself in a parallel world and he respawns to same location if he dies.

Fate Zero: Search for the Holy Grail in which magicians summon avatars of heroic figures (Hercules, Alexander the Great etc) to help them fight other magicians for the wish that the Grail will grant

Made in Abyss: Different levels of an abyss and to go up or down causes major physical and mental issues for the people that are being forced to move i.e going up a level to escape a threat cause non-stop bleeding in one instance. Bit dark, but animation is really cutesy.

Kill La Kill: Clothing is trying to take over the world

Gurren Lagan: Underground human culture breaks to surface and finds a load of mech technology

• VixenMerai
    Options

heh they aren't as well known, not on Netflix ;)

Assassination Classroom: random indestructible monster threatens to destroy the Earth, but wants to teach the lowest class in a school while they try to kill him

Food Wars: cooking college where great foods are made to pass exams. Cool thing is that all the recipes can actually be made in real life

No Game No Life: 2 gamers taken to parallel world where games are used to decide everything, territory boundaries etc and everything

Re:Zero: guy finds himself in a parallel world and he respawns to same location if he dies.

Fate Zero: Search for the Holy Grail in which magicians summon avatars of heroic figures (Hercules, Alexander the Great etc) to help them fight other magicians for the wish that the Grail will grant

Made in Abyss: Different levels of an abyss and to go up or down causes major physical and mental issues for the people that are being forced to move i.e going up a level to escape a threat cause non-stop bleeding in one instance. Bit dark, but animation is really cutesy.

Kill La Kill: Clothing is trying to take over the world

Gurren Lagan: Underground human culture breaks to surface and finds a load of mech technology

I think the Food Wars, Fate Zero, possibly Made in Abyss sound like ones I might enjoy!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what counts as geek/nerd stuff. Seems a lot of it has become more popular and mainstream that it seems the label of geek and nerd is more for some hard core people.

Like 30 years ago stuff like harry potter, lord of the rings, basically anything with magic or a robot in it would get you classed as a nerd or geek. but now? your just a person, aren't you?

But yeah i watch a lot of sci fi, fanatasy tv and movies, play a lot of fantasy based rpg on my pc, read some books like the Witcher series, any of this tickling your fancy?
  • Pkov123
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    I don't really know what counts as geek/nerd stuff. Seems a lot of it has become more popular and mainstream that it seems the label of geek and nerd is more for some hard core people.

Like 30 years ago stuff like harry potter, lord of the rings, basically anything with magic or a robot in it would get you classed as a nerd or geek. but now? your just a person, aren't you?

But yeah i watch a lot of sci fi, fanatasy tv and movies, play a lot of fantasy based rpg on my pc, read some books like the Witcher series, any of this tickling your fancy?

I agree
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Re:Zero

THAT is a good one. So trippy. Dude has to die/get killed and wakes up in the same market over and over again until he does "something" right. I sure hope they make a second season.

Oh BTW- season 2 for Attack on Titan is out.