Wasting life, worrying about turning 40... any one else?

Options
Wasting my thirties, as I worry about turning 40... rather than living and enjoying 30s to the fullest.
Anyone else feel this way? It's like 40 is just looming ahead of me like a neon sign from a bad dream.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Why worry about it? It beats the alternative! I'm personally loving my 30's and looking forward to my 40's in a couple of years.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Don’t waste any time.... enjoy your 40’s it’s not all that bad. You think 40 is bad, wait for 50! THAT affected me way more than 40
  • jusca
    jusca Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Start with small changes and do some things you've feel like you haven't done but wish you did in your 30s. Sometimes I feel like I've wasted some years. I try to understand what held me back and move forward.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    I love my 40s. I'm happy, healthy, and I've learned not to give a crap about what people think of me. It's awesome. Don't waste time worrying about things you can't control. Just enjoy the ride.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I’m loving my 30s too. SO MUCH better than my 20s! I’m only 33, but I look forward to 40
  • jacq2911
    jacq2911 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your 40's will be great!!! I get your feels but it will be great!!!
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 46. My forties have been the best years of my life. You get to the point where you don't care what people *kitten* think!! I, too, wished I had lost weight earlier in my life, but spending time thinking about doesn't change the fact.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm loving my 40s. I'm 48 now and so far in this decade I've been my healthiest/slimmest/fittest/happiest ever :smile:
    (decided when I was 42 that I'd had enough of feeling frumpy)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    46 here, too. My most difficult day in my 40's was *turning* 40. That whole day I was thinking, "Jesus, I'm 40 now!". The next day, no problems. Enjoy every day, and don't waste it worrying about things you can't change. We all get older. The point is to make each day better than yesterday, and the 40's is a wonderful time to do that!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I wasted my 30's too - stressing a lot while doing it. I guess I shouldn't see it as a waste. More of a learning experience. Now that I'm in my 40's I feel confident, and I'm actually having a ton more fun. I'm also more fit and healthy now that I've learned to chill out, stop caring about other people's judgments, and make myself a priority. My marriage is really rocking, too! I think the 30's are a really stressful decade for a lot of people. B)
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Be thankful that you are working on becoming healthy in your 30's so that you can live well in your 40's-- 90's

i spent my 40s like i spent my 20s and 30s.... getting fat, missing out more on life.... my 50's i'm working on losing that fat... 2 years in 193lbs gone if i can lose the same amount again in the next 3 years i just might retire early!
  • grahamlittle1
    grahamlittle1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    life is not over yet, you need to keep on learning and improving as you move forward. Things like exercise and healthy diet will allow you to be able to do more as you get older rather than less. you may not have accomplished everything you wanted as you approach 40, but you have lots of time to do things. so make a list of things you want to do, and start working on them. If they are big things, break them down into much smaller and easier to do parts so that you can make a little progress each day. before you know it you will be looking back at all the things you have done and all the great experiences you have had. age is just a label just like many other things such as race, sex, profession and as much as society may try and value them what really matters is what you feel about them. good luck
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Anne, you have something women my age (71) pay over ten thousand dollars for, not to mention risk their lives for, as they go through major surgery and a month of painful recovery -- A firm neck and jaw line! I am not kidding. I diet, exercise, carefully apply make-up, take care of my teeth, have my hair colored -- and still look old and grouchy because of the saggy jowls and neck. LOL It's not the end of the world, my life is still good with fun, family and friends -- I'm just saying.

I know it's hard to appreciate what we all take for granted at the time, but your lovely young face is meant to be enjoyed all through your wonderful forties and even your fifties. Look in the mirror at what you have! Don't worry, be happy, now!