LBM = 157

Nutrition Results for day 2
aajlma9htphm.png

Workouts for Day 1 and 2
kfag25nkeup6.png

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    I'm interested in following your UD2 diet. I haven't read the book. Curious about the similarities and differences between this and PSMF
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you for stopping by. UD2 is I'll say up front that the UD2 is not an easy diet. You'll have to count/decrease calories and carbohydrates 3-5 days out of every 7. While you don't get to eat everything in sight on the
    other days, it'll sure seem like it. On some days you can even eat some junk food.
    The difference to PSMF is the urgency of fat loss. UD2 is a longer term approach while minimum to no muscle mass loss.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,027 Member
    FitRican wrote: »
    Thank you for stopping by. UD2 is I'll say up front that the UD2 is not an easy diet. You'll have to count/decrease calories and carbohydrates 3-5 days out of every 7. While you don't get to eat everything in sight on the
    other days, it'll sure seem like it. On some days you can even eat some junk food.
    The difference to PSMF is the urgency of fat loss. UD2 is a longer term approach while minimum to no muscle mass loss.

But why are you under-eating?
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am not under eating that is what the cycle call for. 1400 is my goal but I tried not to go below 1200. Thursday and Friday I consume a huge amount of carbs while keeping Protein and Fats at the same level. Saturday and Sunday is normal Carbs with Low Fat and normal Protein. The only variables are calories and carbs protein consumptions stays constant at about 200 gms, Fat consumptions stay low (40-50 gms/day) through the cycle that is what makes it works. Lose fat not muscle mass.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    FitRican wrote: »
    I am not under eating that is what the cycle call for. 1400 is my goal but I tried not to go below 1200. Thursday and Friday I consume a huge amount of carbs while keeping Protein and Fats at the same level. Saturday and Sunday is normal Carbs with Low Fat and normal Protein. The only variables are calories and carbs protein consumptions stays constant at about 200 gms, Fat consumptions stay low (40-50 gms/day) through the cycle that is what makes it works. Lose fat not muscle mass.

Many of us know what the cycle calls for, but as @VintageFeline said, it is not recommended on the MFP forums to discuss it
  • bbell1985
    OP, post it on bb.com or Lyle's forums. I personally don't love Lyle's forum though.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I moved this to the bb section. The discussion of Lyle's programs are ok in this section as long as there isn't and advocation of it to others. They are scientifically sounds diets and not just some half hazard protocol.

Btw, i have had this approved by the admins. And not something they take lightly.
  • bbell1985
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I moved this to the bb section. The discussion of Lyle's programs are ok in this section as long as there isn't and advocation of it to others. They are scientifically sounds diets and not just some half hazard protocol.

Btw, i have had this approved by the admins. And not something they take lightly.

Thank you. I was wondering if it would be okay in the bodybuilding section as well :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    I fully agree with everyone else about MFP not being the place for this thread as most people will never need to run UD2.0.

I have personally run 2 cycle of it with great resultst.

HOWEVER...................... you have obviously not read the book because Lyle specifically states that you should be sub 15% to undertake the diet. The idea of the calorie/carb cycling is to utilise the effects on nutrient partitioning. When you are 20% you will see more results dieting normally until you are sub 15%.