New to the app & ❤️ the motivation! What is everyone’s favorite quick & easy meal?

Options
Hi I’m new to the app and I am surprised at how easy it is to track my calories here. I’ve started a fitness challenge this past Sunday (Jan. 14th) and I have 3 successful days under my belt (: I’m looking to go grocery

Replies

• MfromBristol
    MfromBristol Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success so far! Keep it up :) My favourite quick and easy meal is omelette. You can put anything you want in it and make it cheesy, also if you're looking for a filling carb free meal thats it!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome and well done!! :) My wife & I do this egg fried-vegetable rice with chicken thing when we need to do something healthy and quick.

Boil the rice and cook the chicken + veg of your choosing. Lob it all in a fry light sprayed pan and put an egg or two in there stir it for about a minute or two and enjoy with whatever seasoning you choose :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Tracking calories is easy. After I found MFP, I have renewed my love for food, because I learnt I could eat anything I want - so I discovered I like most foods. It's actually the pursuit of quick and easy that made me fat. Good food takes time and attention. You eat more when food is too easy to eat and too available. Paying some effort makes you appreciate it more. I still enjoy simple meals. I make them from ordinary, simple and usually cheap ingredients.
  • Johncfields
    Johncfields Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually grilled chicken , brown rice and some type green vegetables
  • CatL1911
    CatL1911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually cook up a bunch of chicken breast at the beginning of the week, then for lunches and dinners I combine that with all the different kinds of frozen/fresh vegetables we keep on hand. One night I'll shred the chicken and make fajitas with peppers/onions/tomatoes, the next I'll make stir fry with broccoli, snap peas, shredded cabbage, etc. I always make enough to take the leftovers for lunch :)
  • jaydensdaddy41
    jaydensdaddy41 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    first step completed... you downloaded the app!!! I go for Grilled Chicken, steam Broccoli.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I throw salmon and asparagus in the toaster oven for 15 min. donezo
  • metsjmitchell
    metsjmitchell Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Baked fish and a sweet potatoe