Hobbys

Options

Replies

• eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I like to drink whiskey, and wine.

Together? Do you have an order preference?
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Nature hikes with a camera - find local botanical gardens and such... or a zoo. Take pictures.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I go to toy stores and record inappropriate phrases on those toy parrots that playback what you say.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I like to drink whiskey, and wine.

Been doing a lot of scotches this last year.
    And I like it.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    I dress as a loaf of bread and scream when people eat gluten.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I go to toy stores and record inappropriate phrases on those toy parrots that playback what you say.

Go to the voice thread with this
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Go to the voice thread with this

The next time I go to Walmart with the intent of traumatizing a child I'll do it.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I used to be really into computers and turned an old one into a sweet HPTC. Spent a lot of time tinkering with that and loading movies and music onto it. Also used to play the guitar.

These days I work, exercise, and drive the kids around. Wish I had time for hobbies.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    I keep a notebook of each mfp member in chit chat and jot down my observations and my thoughts about them after I judge their posts. Some are rated with emojis if thy made it to my spreadsheet. Others are rated with check marks or scratch and sniff stickers.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I keep a notebook of each mfp member in chit chat and jot down my observations and my thoughts about them after I judge their posts. Some are rated with emojis if thy made it to my spreadsheet. Others are rated with check marks or scratch and sniff stickers.

Did you say a spreadsheet?
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »

Did you say a spreadsheet?

Yes. The more interesting ones get to the spreadsheet. For science stuff.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Exercising, ceramics, knitting, reading, cooking, and traveling.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I used to identify and forage wild edible plants and dabbled in wilderness survival. You have no idea how many cattails I've eaten. Note: the plant, I do not eat living cats.
  • gardengnomemanifesto
    Options
    I enjoy dressing up as Marilyn Monroe and going to the senior center to confuse the old folks.
  • dervari
    dervari Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hiking/backpacking, photography, geocaching, guitar
  • dervari
    dervari Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    I am thinking of trying racket ball for a hobby , anyone done it before ? Looks funner then playing tennis .

I used to play a lot in college when I had free access to a court. I loved it. I took is as a PE elective and found I was a natural. Actually beat the coach and got an automatic "A". You can't let your mind wander, though. Eyes have to stay on the ball or it can get painful. :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Volunteer at your local fire or emergency services?

I got to drive/walk in the rain looking for a fire, ended up being on so small you could stomp it out barefoot with out much harm.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Writing fanfiction
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like going out on the boat fishing, it's relaxing, kills time, burns a lot of calories, and I love it, I'll take that any day over sitting & watching tv.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Someone actually did this a few years ago.