What motivates you??

I ask myself daily why I try to exercise and eat healthy. Is it for me? Is it for my boyfriend? Is it for the world's approval?

On Tuesday of this week, my oldest daughter and her husband found out that they were expecting their first child and my first grandchild. So now I have a new motivation! I want to be the sexiest, leaniest and healthiest grandmother!

Replies

• Poston1966
    Poston1966 Posts: 26 Member
    Thanks. I should of searched before creating a new thread.
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Congratulations on your upcoming grand baby! That’s awesome! Honestly my motivation is fleeting. Some days I think, “I want to feel good/look good/be healthy!” Then some days I don’t care about that, so I say, “My kids and family deserve to have a healthy mother they won’t have to take care of.” That one is more of a kick in the butt for days when I’m feeling extra stubborn and self destructive. Some days nothing works so I say, “Just do it. You don’t have to like it or feel inspired about it, but do it anyway.” Sometimes I’ve exhausted every emotional resource and STILL don’t do it, because some days are more difficult than others, but tomorrow is always a new opportunity and staying the path is the most important part for me.
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Better fitting clothes and not running out of breath when I go hiking. Lol