Keto Diet. 37LBs lost so far

Options
hi all. anyone doing keto. I started in may and have lost 37lb. :)

Replies

• mercy2018m
    mercy2018m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    what is keto?
  • jayneminshull
    jayneminshull Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ketogenic diet eat 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carbs from green veg. I love this way of eating. cheese and bacon yummy yummy
  • itecson
    itecson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's basically a high fat/protein diet with less than 20g of carbs a day (a little less than two slices of bread).

It works! I've tried it in the past a few times, but it does involve a lot of fat which is it's biggest criticism. People have opted for the DASH diet as an alternative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet
  • selah7
    selah7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started keto diet today. How long have you been on it?
  • lbowenj
    lbowenj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started Keto diet recently and have lost 6 pounds so far - and I have ENERGY that I haven't had in a very long time too
  • Denigal
    Denigal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you count the bacon fat that’s left in the pan and used to cook veggies? Is that part of the slice count, or extra?
  • nehaguptang10
    nehaguptang10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All ,I just started keto diet.Did anyone get Keto flu in the beginning?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    hi all. anyone doing keto. I started in may and have lost 37lb. :)

@jayneminshull that is awesome and I am sure you will continue to have great success.

I am into my fourth year now and have maintained the weight loss that happened in the first year for the last three years.

@31shines post above sounds like my story too.

I knew how to lose weight for the past 40 years because I had done it over and over wrecking my health on carbs that I could not bring myself to stop binging on.