Nandos

T_William
T_William Posts: 147 Member
edited September 30 in Food and Nutrition
What do people think of nandos, I love the stuff and have it every couple of weeks but its become weekly during the summer holidays as im often out more and its near by!

Half a chicken with spicy rice is my favorite and some hot periperi sauce, far as I can see its low fat, fairly low cals, lowish salt high protein and very tasty and filling. I used to have the pitta or burgers with mayo and chips but ive seen the error of my ways and half a chicken ftw!

Also great is the fact they public all nutrition information on their website
http://www.nandos.co.uk/menu/eating-well

Replies

• nutrional-wise i will try to avoid it but taste wise fricken amazing!
    Just wish their hot sauce was actually hot... i found the mild or non-spicy one hotter lol
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    NANDOS IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE PLACE EVER!!!!!!
    i literally used to go once a week religiously! but ive cut back to once every couple of weeks now :P

chicken, chips, rice, and perinaise! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

and it always tastes better when you get your free chicken! mmmmmmmm:love::love: :love:
  • Klbryce1
    Klbryce1 Posts: 23
    nando's is my life. haha. quarter chicken extra hot with corn on the cob!
  • mitz44
    mitz44 Posts: 3
    I like Nandos - They chicken is grilled, I remove the skin and try and pack as much of that protein in as I can and I have salad as I cant tolerate rice anymore - love it :-)
    Thanks for the link for the nutrition guide, thats fab!

MItz xx
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    I have the chicken pitta and chips. It fits in great for a dinner and is much lower than kfc or mcdonalds, not to mention much yummier!
  • T_William
    Went last night :)

New love for nandos chicken butterfly breast with lime and mango marinade and a little bit of hot sauce drizzled on the top! Only 315 cals 9g fat and 58g protein!

Spicy rice makes a great side dish at 199cals 34carb 5g fat 4g protein 0.5g salt and 4g sugar, one tasty filling and fairly healthy meal!

double-chicken-2-300x197.jpg
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Mmmm Nandos.... Now I'm hungry!
    Might have to take a trip there this weekend and I'll not feel that guilty as I know I can have a healthy treat out!
  • Nandos has been the corner stone of my diet plan.

I'm on a super low carb diet so the rice, corn and of course the chips are all out but I have the chicken and also chicken livers (without the roll).

I have it about once a week and it's not been a problem to me at all.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    I havent been in ages but they used to do unlimited fat free frozen yoghurt there too which you helped yourself to.

Please say they still do that?

I want to go there now...
  • T_William
    I havent been in ages but they used to do unlimited fat free frozen yoghurt there too which you helped yourself to.

Please say they still do that?

I want to go there now...

Still there! :)
This discussion has been closed.