Calorie count differs from calorie count on website

Options
Hello, all!!!
New(ish) here, a re-start, actually..:)
I entered a URL for a recipe into the recipe box, which worked out beautifully, btw! I didn't even know about this feature before today! Anyway, the calorie count on here, is far less than the calorie count on the website where the recipe is, almost half. I'll have to calculate it manually, but I wonder if anyone else has encountered this discrepency.
Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes, it may be an innacruate calorie count on one or multiple of the ingredients. Be sure to check out the individual ingredients and make sure that the serving size and description is correct. If that is correct, check out the item elsewhere or other listings for that item to see if maybe there is an inaccurate calorie count for that item.
  • LynnMoore2
    LynnMoore2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Justin741. I'll enter individual components. Much appreciated.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    And the ultimate calorie count is determined by you and the exact quantities you use of things, as well as your accuracy in portioning.

I have never had a recipe's given values match the numbers I get entering it manually. It would be interesting to see how these sites/books came up with their numbers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Did you check the portion sizes? It could be a difference in which country the recipe originated. Some countries use flat (for instance) 100g, and some use "a reasonable amount" as a serving size - so it could be something like that.

I don't know, I've never used that feature - could be just bad input.