just wanted everyone to know.......

Options
that eating too much sodium can cause water retention. I know from exerperience. I had been going over on my sodium every day just about and it was hindering me. Today I did my weekly weigh in and I was down a little bit not alot, but anyways, I am not really concerned with that, at least I didn't gain any weight. I am more interested in how I feel absoultly great, and that is the most important thing. I just wanted to let all of you know to stay within your sodium levels.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that eating too much sodium can cause water retention. I know from exerperience. I had been going over on my sodium every day just about and it was hindering me. Today I did my weekly weigh in and I was down a little bit not alot, but anyways, I am not really concerned with that, at least I didn't gain any weight. I am more interested in how I feel absoultly great, and that is the most important thing. I just wanted to let all of you know to stay within your sodium levels.
  • agapita1965
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, it's so easy to go over on sodium.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    hey,

I just checked my sodium and my numbers look totally weird...

it says for today I have used : 85
    daily goal: 2500
    remaining: 2415

that doesnt look right to me..... ???

Help please!!! :huh:
  • joonieB
    joonieB Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, Laura. I have been keeping watch on my sodium levels too. I have found that if I make myself a Lean Cuisine every night for dinner (I really stick to the healthier ones, with extra veggies and under 275 calories) I do much better on sticking to my meal plan than if I try to make up something on my own. I don't know why, but trying to come up with dinner every night for 6 other people who aren't on a diet has been really hard for me, so I enjoy my own "no brainer" dinner. HOWEVER, as we all know those dinners are usually pretty high in sodium. So I budget the rest of the day accordingly. I make my own "lean cuisine" lunch--low sodium of course! That's just what works for me!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    hey,

not sure, maybe you should ask fitness chick or TamTastic.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    hey,

How many meal was that from? I've ate breakfast, snack, lunch and have used about 950 and I'm allowed 2500, I never eat that much sodium.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    hey,

Make sure sodium has been entered for the foods you had. I find a lot of foods entered that do not have all of the things entered.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    thanks guys. I just checked some of the meals and some people on here have entered the value wrong... 110mg = 11 for example. or 65mg instead of 650mg and so on..
    bugger, looks like I have to check the sodium is entered correctly for every food i use from the database here. :indifferent:

PS: i know the conversion from mg to g is 1000... others obviously dont :ohwell:
  • Hanna1983
    Options

Make sure sodium has been entered for the foods you had. I find a lot of foods entered that do not have all of the things entered.

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Hi Amy,

thanks yes I noticed that too. Sometimes they didnt bother putting anything else other than calories in!
    How is that allone going to help :noway:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Bah! I gave up cigarettes, rarely drink, cut out fast food, eat lower in fat, eat fewer calories, eat very low cholesterol...can't I just have my sodium vice!? :sad: You're right... It's so hard to watch sodium when it's so easy to rely on frozen meals or canned soups for lunch and you're addicted to salsa. Hmmm... :wink:
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    WHAT?! WHERE DOES IT SAY HOW MUCH SODIUM I HAVE CONSUMED! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! I forget to watch this. I better be doing it, but where does it track it?

Thanks for any input and help!!!!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love salt. I quit drinking and smoking, but on this vice, I will not relent. I do not have a medical condition, I run 5-7 miles per day and strength train five days a week and dammit I want my salt!

I also drink 78 ounces or more water per day and take vitamin C (helps to flush water) so that it doesn't show on the scale...oh, and I weigh myself early in the a.m. too.

There is hope for us salt lovers....SALT LOVERS UNITE!:tongue:
  • enewby
    Options
    Oooo I soooooo agree! My first week I ate a ton of canned soup. I did notice during week 2 that I lost more weight after I cut the soup out.

144219.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Go to my home, settings, then select (I think) food diary settings....then check that you want to track your sodium....
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    WHAT?! WHERE DOES IT SAY HOW MUCH SODIUM I HAVE CONSUMED! I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! I forget to watch this. I better be doing it, but where does it track it?

Thanks for any input and help!!!!

go to your home page and go to reports and click on nutrition, you will see where it says net calories, if you click on the little arrow, it will give you a bunch more options and sodium is one of them, I hope this helps.