exercising for free

Options
Hello all, I was just wondering what sorts of exercise you all do that don't cost any money (apart from running!). I love love love swimming but since i have zero money at the moment, paying to go to the pool is a no no. I do a couple of exercise dvds but i'm wondering what else there is i can do!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you have access to exercise tv, there are free workouts.
    Or just google free workouts.
  • campb2ti
    campb2ti Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    youtube workout videos!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics, jumping rope (ok, the jump rope cost a little!), walking, jogging, if you have cable there's often work-out channels or on-demand free exercise shows. You could even get videos at the library free.... and dancing! Turn on that radio!

:smile:
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    tennis (if you have a court nearby)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Does your local library have any exercise videos you can check out?
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How about walking up and down stairs? Try walking up and down them 4 or 5 times consecutively and do that a few times a day! Housework! It's amazing how many calories you can burn just doing day to day activities with a bit more gusto than you'd normally use :-) xx
  • bunny888
    bunny888 Posts: 23
    Options
    I march in the living room, run on the spot and do basic aerobics moves eg 'box steps' whilst watching TV or a movie or you could put great music on. I just set the timer and start off with a few stretches and then march away. As I'm starting to feel much fitter I've begun incorporating the on-the-spot jogging. I usually incorporate arm rotations or pilates 'arm shaving' movements behind my head too. Usually then finish with more stretches. It's really easy and convenient and totally free! Hope this helps. Have fun!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Scout the thrift stores for a BIKE for YOU!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I do the Walk at Home -- there is a "try it" version (15 minutes long) and it's equal to 1 mile.
    there are also 2 other express vids (all online as try it vids)
    I've been using the 15 minute mile until I can actually get a few of Leslie's DVDs.

Anything that gets your body moving--dancing, walking/jogging/running...
    there are even zumba vids FREE online--someone posted a link a week or 2 ago.
    let me go find it (yes I bookmarked it) lol

http://tumblrgym.tumblr.com/zumba
  • Klbryce1
    Klbryce1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I march in the living room, run on the spot and do basic aerobics moves eg 'box steps' whilst watching TV or a movie or you could put great music on. I just set the timer and start off with a few stretches and then march away. As I'm starting to feel much fitter I've begun incorporating the on-the-spot jogging. I usually incorporate arm rotations or pilates 'arm shaving' movements behind my head too. Usually then finish with more stretches. It's really easy and convenient and totally free! Hope this helps. Have fun!

i'm going to wack some music on and do something similar to this, thanks!