What is your motivation?

Options
Tired of being tired!

Replies

• 4duffies
    4duffies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to have more energy, be able to keep up with my active family, and last but not least, tie my shoes without making any groaning noises.
  • TonyaMarie1231
    TonyaMarie1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My son for sure. Best motivation ever
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I was offered a free professional photo shoot and I turned it down. I simply was not comfortable in my own skin. I want to get professional photos of my boys and I.
  • ojules9
    ojules9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think of a healthier happier me actually wanting to take n share photos with family...in a new wardrobe of course!

I have missed too many things in life bc of being too weight insecure. Fear of being that one fat chick shaking the dance floor or mistaken as a beached whale at the beach. To freely be me
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Husband and I going on rivercruise in october in france.
    Had heard the french are not too warm towards americans much less the fat tourist americans.
    Don't wish to suffer the indignity :s
  • BRSGOALS18
    BRSGOALS18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My latest motivation comes from family pictures, I'm tired of being the fat sister!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Taking my daughter to Disneyland and amusement parks. I want to be able to fit and go on all the rides with her.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I want to cycle to the top of our local mountain again this year. Thin is better for things like that ... and I'm carrying a few extra kg just now! Christmas was good!! :):sunglasses:

22330093778_75d90ef8e7_c.jpg
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Racing my motorcycle is my biggest motivation. That's really what gets me out of bed at 4:45 every weekday despite how much I HATE getting up in the morning. I love being fit, I love feeling like I can do things without my body holding me back, but I'll admit, after starting desk jobs the motivation to get to the gym was tough to come by for a number of years. Racing, and wanting to be competitive (not just turning laps) gave me the extra kick I needed to get the process started.

Kind of at a restart the past couple months after coming back from an injury that had me pretty laid up, but back at it, and I'm being consistent. Wanting to lose the weight - that one I can be motivated just to be healthier and have my clothes fit better, I don't need the "extra" motivation for that.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Been struggling all my adult life with my weight. And have had self esteem issues all my life. So
    I’m doing this for me, so I can feel comfortable and confident in my own skin
    Been here just over a yr and even if I have a bad day (yesterday I tangled with Doritos and lost) I still log my food
    If your here for the long haul and log daily feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Watching myself be in control of something that is beneficial. Unless there is a medical or genetic reason someone is overweight (not in my case), it is a choice. A choice at restaurants, parties, a choice to use food to reduce stress.... there's always an excuse. So at the end of the year I ditched my super stressful job of 9 years (a choice) to do something else, and by doing so, eliminated my excuse for not paying attention to what I eat. So my motivation is pride that I've taken back ownership of my food, my mood, and my life... by choice.
  • SexyManTrackingCalories
    Options
    Visualizing my "dream body" and how awesome it's going to be living the "dream"
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I desire to remain as independent as plausible, therefore I must reach my lowest healthiest weight; to ensure that I'll be able to lift/maneuver myself via a wheelchair someday!
  • 5Months2fit
    5Months2fit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will be applying for jobs in my dream countries soon. Those countries are Asian. A double chin will NOT go well over there...in obtaining a job, dating...and I don’t want people staring at my wobbly chin while speaking. :(

Also, I used to be thin and felt much healthier and looked much better too.