Have lost 13 pounds in 17 days!

Have only been eating whole wheat, fruits and veggies as my carbs as well as a high amount of protein and medium to low amount of fats. I started at 225 before Christmas and now am at 212! And I have only worked out once! Can't wait to keep up with this diet and implement working out more often mixed in. My goal weight is about 140 so I'm excited! My only thing is I eat so much lean things I sometimes get too full and have a bit of a calorie deficit, any suggestions as to what is high in calories but healthy for you?

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Avocados
    Almonds
    Milk
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Out of curiousity.... :) ..... what is your daily calorie goal?
  • Ddonna82
    Ddonna82 Posts: 48 Member
    Can you add me as a friend, would love to view your diary... I have 120 pounds to loose
  • NickiMazaheri
    NickiMazaheri Posts: 23 Member
    I really like dry roasted edemame. They are high in protein and fiber and have a decent amount of calories.
  • hopeedanielle
    hopeedanielle Posts: 25 Member
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    Out of curiousity.... :) ..... what is your daily calorie goal?
    My intake goal is 1400 because my goal weight is 140
  • hopeedanielle
    rainbowblu wrote: »
    I just lost 13lbs in 6 days..then 2lbs came back..I know that it's water weight,but ehhh it's still motivating to watch...Congrats and keep up the good work!

Aw thanks girl, yeah just remember it's normal to go up and down here and there and as long as you know you're eating healthy and working out then you're in the right direction!
  • hopeedanielle
    edited January 2018
    malibu927 wrote: »
    SolotoCEO wrote: »
    Wow....I know this sounds harsh, that is just way unhealthy. You should be aiming for .5 to 1 lb. loss per week.

-she just began, so a good percentage of that loss should be water weight
    -with 85 to lose overall she can sustain a larger deficit (no more than 2 pounds per week)

Thank you so much I was just about to reply that.
  • hopeedanielle
    I really like dry roasted edemame. They are high in protein and fiber and have a decent amount of calories.
    Thanks that helps so much, I've been needing more fiber in my diet!
  • hopeedanielle
    Wow....I know this sounds harsh, that is just way unhealthy. You should be aiming for .5 to 1 lb. loss per week.

If the person is eating real, healthy foods, eating until they feel full, and not taking questionable diet pills then there is nothing unhealthy about the weight loss. Everyone loses weight at a different rate in different ways. It is likely that this individual has mostly lost water weight. If your body has been accustomed to eating fatty, sugary, salty foods in high quantities, when you drastically switch your diet over to lean proteins, whole grains, and lots of fruits and veggies combined with a calorie deficit, you'd be surprised how much water weight comes off!

BUT, their rate of weight loss will drastically slow down and they will find it takes more exercise and fewer calories...just more work...to lose weight going forward.
    This is really so true thanks!
  • hopeedanielle
    Hi! I also lost 9lbs in about 8 days by being on a plant based diet. Is it fat I’ve lost? No definitely not, it’s probably water. Not to rain on your parade it’s a fantastic start but do not expect to keep that weight loss up. A healthy normal weight loss is 1-2lbs per week, so don’t get discouraged! Saying that,...that’s 17lbs that you’re not carrying around with you, putting pressure on your joints and weighing you down so well done. Feel free to add me as a friend!!

Thanks girl! I definitely have seen it drop a bit but I expected it, now I'm losing about the average of 2 lbs a week
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh wow thats so weird its been exactly 17 days for me since I started going plant-based and lost 13lbs as well. Most of it being water weight but I did start working out last week and I stalled this week, but my muscles have been sore so its probably from working out because my cals have been pretty low at around 1100-1200.

Congrats on the weight loss so far though!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

-she just began, so a good percentage of that loss should be water weight
    -with 85 to lose overall she can sustain a larger deficit (no more than 2 pounds per week)

Yes very true!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!