Fit into my "skinny pants"

Options
We all have those pair (or pairs) of pants that hide in the back of our closet, waiting for us to get thin enough to fit in them. Well, a few years ago I was in Thailand and a tailor offered to make me some clothes. He messed up on the measurements and the pants were too small. I was embarrassed and said, "don't worry I am losing weight, I'll fit into them soon." Here I am 2 1/2 years later, I have never been able to get into them.:tongue::tongue: Today, I was feeling extra skinny and tried them on. To my surprise, they not only fit but were too loose in the waist. I will have to have them taken in!!! LOL. Wishing that I had the guts to try them on a few weeks ago when my waist was a slightly wider.

This is the best problem I have had in a long time! :tongue:

Does anyone else have "skinny pants"???

Replies

• 150gal
    150gal Posts: 4
    Options
    You bet! I have skinny pants, shirts, well, a closet full of skinny clothes. That's wonderful that they are loose! You go girl!
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I am wanting to get into my Lucky jeans. I think that they are really probably out of style and I could buy another pair that are better than them, BUT, it's the accomplishment that I want! Good Luck to you!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    It does feel good to be able to fit into something too "small". Late 2009, I was a waistline 36 (equiv to US size 16-18) and back then my "skinny pants" (size 4) that I last wore ten years ago was hanging in my closet. But now after a year, I'm using my size 4 pants and gave away all my fat clothes.
  • chelraeb
    chelraeb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a pair of jeans that my husband bought me our first Christmas together... a size 6. I can't wait to slide those on again!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Cool! I have this pair of jeans that I always considered my 'skinny' jeans. Since my weight is always up and down, I always considered myself 'skinny' when those jeans fit. This time around though, they're too big! I LOVE it :flowerforyou:
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I do.
    I brought the wrong pants a few months back. I have to buy jean every few months as I am dropping sizes every month! I though they were a size 10 ( uk 10) but was shocked to see I had brought a 27 inch waist ! So try them on last month and saw they go up my legs quite easy but cannot tie them without some of my lose skin hanging over the top! But happy I am getting into them more easier every time I try them on! The summer is a hard time to lose weight for me so after school is back next month plan to be in them by halloween ! Wish me luck!
  • MamaKatel
    MamaKatel Posts: 180
    Options
    I never would have the guts to wear skinny jeans however they were on clearance at Target so I grabbed a pair. Of course they don't find me yet, but my goal is to be able to wear them by my birthday! (Sept)
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: How fantastic!! You are right - that is exactly the kind of "problem" that is nice to have!! I have a pair of UK size 8 Levi's in my loft that I have not worn for over 20 years - they will probably not be worth wearing when I finally get there - but what the heck!! I just want the chance to try - realistically that could be in the New Year for me - but I WILL get there!!!!!!
  • Frankie3333
    Frankie3333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love that we all have our "skinny clothes." Thank you for sharing your stories. If we support each other, we can all reach our goals. Right now I am getting ready to move and get rid of excess stuff. I know I should throw away my "big jeans" but I'm so scared to. What if I gain it all back and then I have nothing to wear???
  • Frankie3333
    Options
    You don't need luck. You will do it!
  • tyrownp
    tyrownp Posts: 13
    Options
    As a man even I had pants that had sat in my closet and if I brushed into them you would see a cloud of dust fly out. I too lost weight and feared even "touching" those pants and to my surprise I had the same problem as you, like you said, a nice problem to have!
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have shorts that are way too small for me now...but when I can get them over my hips I will be thrilled!!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I did, and now they are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best days of my life when I put them on and took them off without unbuttoning them!!!!
  • kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    Girl I know what you mean exactly!!! I love that feeling... I bought smaller clothes than the ones I thought were skinny in my closet and now I just had to buy new ones again this weekend because all the smaller ones are too big again!!! Such a good problem to have!
  • kamm602
    kamm602 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love that we all have our "skinny clothes." Thank you for sharing your stories. If we support each other, we can all reach our goals. Right now I am getting ready to move and get rid of excess stuff. I know I should throw away my "big jeans" but I'm so scared to. What if I gain it all back and then I have nothing to wear???

That is not the right attitude!!! Although I have thought the same thing, but I forced myself to get rid of all my big clothes!!!
  • Frankie3333
    Options
    You are right, that is NOT the right attitude. I am going to put those bigger pants in my "give a way box". I won't ever need to wear those again! :bigsmile:
  • Frankie3333
    Options
    Wow! That is such an accomplishment! Good for you for getting rid of those clothes. We do NOT need them around anymore.

It does feel good to be able to fit into something too "small". Late 2009, I was a waistline 36 (equiv to US size 16-18) and back then my "skinny pants" (size 4) that I last wore ten years ago was hanging in my closet. But now after a year, I'm using my size 4 pants and gave away all my fat clothes.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

I have lots of skinny pants but none fit ...... yet!
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    yes, my fav pairs a size 4 which i can put on but not button up, and my size 2's i used to wear before I had my first daughter, which I first lost 60 pounds, i cannot wait to wear those again!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!