Chocolate

Options
Anyone got a good chocolate or biscuit substitute

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just have a small amount of high quality, high cocoa dark choc. I've worked my way up from normal dark to 85% cocoa and thoroughly enjoy it.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have 10 grams of 85% chocolate through my morning yoghurt every day. When I'm feeling extra naughty I have another 10 grams (one piece) with my night tea. Dark chocolate is much more satisfying if you only want a little bit because of its intense flavor. Other than that I don't think there really are any good substitutes that are worth it. I don't know about biscuits.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    See if you can find Ritter Sport chocolate. It comes in a small 2" by 2" square package and I think it comes in at roughly 54 calories per serving. My store displays them at the checkout stand. Just indulge.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder (unsweetened), stevia. Good cold or hot.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Nutella. Which is why I stay with chocolate.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    See if you can find Ritter Sport chocolate. It comes in a small 2" by 2" square package and I think it comes in at roughly 54 calories per serving. My store displays them at the checkout stand. Just indulge.

Very good suggestion! The marzipan one is my favorite :smiley:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'll never abandon chocolate. I make sure I can have some every day if I want. Just fit it in. I absolutely believe there is no substitute.
  • mahalukie5
    mahalukie5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    gronola bars?
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Carob is a substitute for chocolate. Just eat chocolate and be happy.
  • rockyhi512
    rockyhi512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When I was younger one of my more successful diet attempts was to calorie count and daily exercise. If I behaved that day I would treat myself to 2 fudgeo cookies (150 calories) and a cup of tea to dunk. My roommate one evening ate my last two cookies in the bag. I glared at her as I drank my cup of tea until she went to the late market and replaced them. There is no substitute for chocolate, but if you are going to have a piece, indulge in only the best in what ever flavor you enjoy. Count it in, and if that is what keeps you focused then do it no matter what others think. (By the way, I kept that weight off for seven years).