RE-STARTING AFTER 3 YEARS OF WORRY & STRESS - GAINED 60 lb

Options
Hi all, I lost 85 lbs, four years ago through this app, calorie counting and walking on treadmill, every day. The weight stayed off for around twelve months and I did feel good.
Then both my husband and I contracted hepatitis A through food poisoning, and my husband ended up in hospital for over a month, I stressed ate, then the years after he became ill with assorted illness's, in and out of hospital, so over the three years, I have gained 60 lbs.
He has just gone back to work, this last week after his last illness, so I decided to re-start my calorie counting and exercise this Monday - when I fell, twisted my knee and my knee is three times the size and I have hurt the ligament or tendon!
But I've stuck to my calories all week (probably as I'm having my meals made for me, as I can't get about so good) but I could do with some friends for encouragement please.
I'm a woman, 55 this year ! And weigh 190 lbs and need to lose 60 lbs - no rush - I gained the weight slowly over time, so it will go slowly.

Replies

• ebmakk37
    ebmakk37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real when you have stress in your life and use food to cope. I gained 65lbs during my pregnancy and have had a hard time losing more because I have been stress eating my days away as a stay at home mom. I was 40 lbs over weight before the pregnancy and need to lose about 50 more. One week in of eating less processed foods and reducing sugar helped drop 6 lbs already. Add me as a friend if you want to view my diary.