Newbie Member in a rut!

Options
Hey everyone!

I downloaded this a year ago started off well but soon got bogged down by the daily grind.

I'm starting up my own business - read, sat in front of the laptop for way too many hours and stuffing my face with comfort food when things don't go as planned - and feel myself bogged down in a rut where I can't get out. I want be healthier (I'm mostly vegetarian, but I eat meat if I feel my body needs it) and happier in myself as me at the moment isn't such a happy bunny.

I've got my 30th in September so I want to lose 10lbs and get myself into a new happy place where I'm healthy and active and energetic... To get ready for the next 30 I guess! :)

I'm looking for buddies to swap moral support and generally have someone to answer to when I get into groundhog day situation again :)

Replies

• rich89tor
    rich89tor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same had this for almost a year been off and on with this but really want to drop more weight.
  • WPerry66
    WPerry66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand that struggle all too well.. feel free to add me, I could use a little motivation/support as well :smile:
  • angeladean82
    angeladean82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. I originally lost 6 stone and then had a baby boy and have struggled to get back on track to loose the stone I gained :( I seem to do well and then i will have a few chocolates in the evening which just slightly takes me over and then i end up thinking why did i do that :(
  • lrwhit2006
    lrwhit2006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I got serious about losing weight almost 2 years ago, and it’s been a looong road. I turned 32, was very overweight, and my knees were hurting. I felt like I just couldn’t move or do anything. And I thought “I am way too young to be feeling like this.” This is by far the hardest mental challenge I have ever done. And I think most of us can agree on that. The calorie tracker really kept me in check, I stopped drinking alcohol- not a big drinker but found those extra calories added up. I still have some from time to time but really keep it in check. And WATER! I can’t stress this enough! When I started focusing on my water intake, the weight just started falling off. It’s a daily struggle. I mull over every piece of food I put in my mouth. Is this pizza worth it? It sucks, but it’s been worth it. Don’t stop even if you have a bad day, bad week...you can do it!
  • Rrcc2017
    Rrcc2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lrwhit2006 wrote: »
    Hi! I got serious about losing weight almost 2 years ago, and it’s been a looong road. I turned 32, was very overweight, and my knees were hurting. I felt like I just couldn’t move or do anything. And I thought “I am way too young to be feeling like this.” This is by far the hardest mental challenge I have ever done. And I think most of us can agree on that. The calorie tracker really kept me in check, I stopped drinking alcohol- not a big drinker but found those extra calories added up. I still have some from time to time but really keep it in check. And WATER! I can’t stress this enough! When I started focusing on my water intake, the weight just started falling off. It’s a daily struggle. I mull over every piece of food I put in my mouth. Is this pizza worth it? It sucks, but it’s been worth it. Don’t stop even if you have a bad day, bad week...you can do it!

Thanks lrwhit, I think the water thing is a good way to start - I definitely haven't been drinking enough but now I have a glass next to me all the time and I seem to absent mindedly drink which is good!
    Alcohol is definitely a killer! I never realised how many calories there are (even though I've heard the blurb on TV and stuff) until I had a night out and put my drinks into MFP - it's crazy!