What the hell am I doing wrong?!

Options
Took me to long to finally start this diet back up. Everytime I started dieting, in the first week I will lose a good 7 pounds easy of water weight. This first week I lost absolutely NOTHING. What the hell? Nothing? I'm drinking plenty of water. Not going over my calories.

Replies

• orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    7 lbs is a lot of weight to lose in a week. I know it is hard to not see a loss every time you step on the scale, especially when you feel like you have been working so hard. If you can try to remember that it is a journey it may help. Sometimes your body just might be adapting to the new conditions. Keep working hard and stay on track and another loss should be right around the corner. Hang in there, best of luck to you.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Firstly to lose 7lbs in the first week someone must have a lot of weight to lose. Most of that is usually water weight.
    If you don't have much to lose you might not see much if any loss for a few weeks (I know that's how it was with me anyway) - these things take time. But if you are accurately recording all your foods and staying within your calories weight loss will happen. Have patience.

Is it TOM by any chance? that would be enough alone to mask any loss.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring your intake with a food scale? If you're just estimating, you could be eating more than you think.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why are you so focused on water weight? Isn't your goal to lose fat?
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, people can be more helpful.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    3zfg4myi0gp9.jpg