20 pounds down one month!!!

Options
asiaards
asiaards Posts: 16 Member
Goodmorning everyone :) today marks my one month mark of my weight loss journey. I’ve struggled all my life I’ve been on diets every year but none of them ever lasted. I tried shakes and pills and anything you can think of but nothing works better than a healthy diet and commitment. I also do intermittent fasting everyday. I eat within my calories this app gives me! I haven’t stepped food into a gym. But I plan on working out when I move into my house and can use my treadmill. My highest weight ever was 290 almost 300 but I’ve lost a little weight every year getting me to 264.5 on December 19th 2017 and today on Jan 19th I’m 244.0!!!! :) I am so excited to continue this journey with you guys. Just know that YOU CAN DO IT no matter how long or hard you think it is it WILL come off. l0vnyomin7su.jpeg
si04jr5qe44q.png

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It sounds like a good first month!

I recommend settling into a more-or-less consistent 1-2lb loss per week. In fact, I think 1 lb loss is ideal, because it is sustainable and pretty comfortable (there's always some hunger-- which sucks-- comes with the territory). It has worked for me and it can work for you, too!
  • KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just think of where you will be by summer! :) Warning: it will probably slow down as you lose.
  • cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great work, well done
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can see such a difference!
  • ymmasbear
    ymmasbear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I would love to loose 20 in a month. How many calories do you eat each day?
  • toughgirl1228
    toughgirl1228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • mreichert59
    mreichert59 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl. Keep up the good work. Some weeks i would drop 3 lbs but most of the time it was between 1 and 2. Don't deprive yourself too much because that will cause you to get depressed and want to give up. I still can have a small piece of chocolate and i love my popcorn. I get the Orville Redeenbacher's smart pop 94%fat free the small bags. Only 100 calories. I can also have my ice cream and all those little treats i like now and then. I just plug it into my daily menus and it works out great. Another thing i do is use real butter not margarine. I find the real butter taste better and is better for you than the margarine. Margarine has too many preservatives. These are just a few ideas. Be patient and stick to it. I don't consider this a diet. I call it a lifestyle change because you are learning to eat the right way. Be sure to eat 3 meals a day with snacks in between. You need to get your metabolism going first thing in the morning. That was one of my big problems before. I would go all day without eating. Never lost a pound. Now i eat throughout the day i am never hungry and i actually eat more than i did before.
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!! We are all here for you.
  • MdotSole
    MdotSole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yo! That's awesome. Keep pushing. I wish you the best!
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    asiaards wrote: »

Tell me more about your IF schedule and what you eat :) Thanks! Love to hear how IF is working for others.
  • LaurenD63
    LaurenD63 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great work, especially with the holidays in between! Keep it up :)
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    wow looking great, results on the scale and in the mirror!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! And doing it during the hardest time of the year to boot!!! You rock! Keep it up!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Keep up the great work!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Fine work young man.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Fine work young man.

profile says female
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Certainly inspiring!
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Well done and keep up the good work!
  • asiaards
    asiaards Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ymoawq9zquv9.jpeg

Chin difference in the last month :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!