To Facebook Friend a crush or not...

Options
2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    You give the best advice to the lovelorn.

Says the female version of me. So, wait. You're kinda gorgeous huh? I wonder how many friend requests you will get...

Yes! Finally, "gorgeous" and not "little and cute." Success, I say.
    I think guys like to have as many chick friends as possible on Facebook. Everything is a competition.

Yeah, some guys no doubt. There's also playing the odds. Women tend to flock together in groups and are intoxicated by social proof. If you become friends with one, there's a good chance you will also get to have contact with her multiple friends as well. More options to get lucky in that scenario. It's like the Fibonacci sequence of getting laid ;)

Don't they try to make friends with one woman and then use her as a wingchick for their intended target?
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    if it makes you happy then go for it , you only live once x x x
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Yes! Finally, "gorgeous" and not "little and cute." Success, I say.

Well, if you had got your act together for Booty Thursday then I might have said little and cute. Who knows ;)
    Don't they try to make friends with one woman and then use her as a wingchick for their intended target?

There's that as well. The old bait and switch works quite well when out on the town I understand. Personally, I can't be bothered with all that overthinking, seduction nonsense. I could spend my time and effort trying to further my career, my interests and goals. Alternatively I could spend it obsessing over detailed analysis of the perfect angle and trajectory to take when walking up to a girl which probably wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if she wasn't attracted to me in the first place.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Stalk him imo!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Alternatively I could spend it obsessing over detailed analysis of the perfect angle and trajectory to take when walking up to a girl ...

That would make you a woman. Except we obsess over the perfect angle at which to sit, which "side" is our most advantageous from the male point of vantage, how many seconds to do the glance-and-smile routine before looking away, etc. It's all needlessly complicated.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    It's all needlessly complicated.

Yep, you're right (we really need to stop agreeing or this will become painfully dull ;)

I think for guys at least a lot of over analysis of women and attraction in general stems from fear or specifically the fear of being rejected. "Her pupils dilated by 2mm more than last time - does she like me" "She flicks her hair when I am around her - does she like me" "Everytime I'm around her she tries to unbutton my jeans - does she like me" translates to "I want a cast iron guarantee that she won't say no if I make a move because I can't stand the pain or embarrassment if she said no"

But like most things the fear of something is actually a lot worse than the thing itself. If you cannot see that the potential benefits as man of making a move far, far outweigh the downsides of being rejected then you will probably end up in a much less happy place over the course of your life.

Profit is the reward for risk taking.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    So, have you requested him yet?

I had something similar happen. I debated about adding a guy from work. We'd said hi a handful of times , a little small talk, etc.....I didn't, I kept debating and putting it off.. but then one day I randomly got a request from him. Sadly though we haven't really chatted or anything since then. So, if you add him make sure to at least say something to him from time to time.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think for guys at least a lot of over analysis of women and attraction in general stems from fear or specifically the fear of being rejected. "Her pupils dilated by 2mm more than last time - does she like me" "She flicks her hair when I am around her - does she like me" "Everytime I'm around her she tries to unbutton my jeans - does she like me" translates to "I want a cast iron guarantee that she won't say no if I make a move because I can't stand the pain or embarrassment if she said no"

Any guy who does this needs to be removed from the gene pool.

I recently met a young lady I was quite attracted to. I talked to her...gave her space...when she didn't respond quite the way I wanted her to...I talked to her again...politely nudging her into noticing me.

Turns out...the rewards have been substantial...and she WAS attracted to me as well...which I never would have had a clue of, had I not talked to her again.

Every single guy that didn't make a move...lost out.

More the fool them.
  • shasslock
    Options
    Oh, how I love crushes.....