1 year post op from VSG and stuck

Options
Hi
Busy working mom here. After an entire lifetime of being over weight I took a giant step and got a VSG but I feel stuck. Had this app years ago trying it again to stay on track and true to myself. Also investing more time at the gym. Hope to really get myself moving and make the most of the VSG.
If any VSG people have some advice or food ideas please feel free to let me know!

Replies

• FIGHT4GREATNESS
    FIGHT4GREATNESS Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kellou_vsg wrote: »
    Hi
    Busy working mom here. After an entire lifetime of being over weight I took a giant step and got a VSG but I feel stuck. Had this app years ago trying it again to stay on track and true to myself. Also investing more time at the gym. Hope to really get myself moving and make the most of the VSG.
    If any VSG people have some advice or food ideas please feel free to let me know!

You'll be good just don't quit no matter if you think your stuck. Change your workout routine once every 2 months. Good luck
  • rockitmom57
    rockitmom57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 10 months post op (on the 24th) and have never worked so hard on myself in all my life. I have lost 102 lbs (I hit that in September) and have stuck to what I learned as to what to eat, what not to eat, but with that said... I did eat over Christmas and gained a few back. But, it's already gone. I joined a gym 2 months after surgery and didn't know anyone there. I do not like working on machines and wanted to get back to dancing in Zumba like I did 5 years ago before I blew up like the good year blimp. SO I marched myself in last August (5 months post op) and once again, knew nobody and I go 4 days a week now, and I LOVE it. I have made friends in there and come to find out, 2 gals in the class have had the VSG also. (one 2 months before me and the other a couple of years before me). I love hearing their input.

I use this site EVERY day and track EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. (It irked me somewhat because there were a couple days I couldn't get on (sick-- or busy) and MFP erases your 'days in a row', so I have had to start over a few times. But I need to be held accountable if I see a slight increase in weight, even if it's ounces. That's just me though.
    I had stalls the first few months, and once I upped the water intake and more protein, I dropped a few pounds in a weeks time. I still struggle with getting 80 ounces of water a day, and I don't, but I do my darndest to hit 60 ounces a day. I get cravings (where this ghrelin was supposed to be removed, mine found it's way back home) and I do have to fight my inner demons when my brain is screaming "CARBS! I Need carbs!" I grab a protein bar and a few almonds. It's my new normal.