Okay Pictures posted and questions

Options
before

lll.jpg

2 weeks after starting

ll.jpg

Now I work out 4-6 times a week and eat what i am suppose to eat or under the calories, last week the scale said i lost lbs but this week one day it will say i gained back the lbs and later in the day back down 5 and so on? what is going on. I think my clothes look the same! yes the shirt looks a little baggy in the after shot but i blame that on wearing it in the first pic straight out of the dryer

Replies

• Melissajojo3
    Options
    it will take a while for you to see results, it won't just hppend over night. I think we are all anxious to start seeing changes, but it will take time, you will start noticing the changes once you hit your 10-20 lbs loss. Also try weighing yourself in the mornings only at the same time if you want to do it daily like I do. Water weight could be what you lost, but dont get your hopes down, just keep doing what your doing and you will see results :)
  • deadliftdavie1918
    deadliftdavie1918 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a tape measure and actually measuring your waist and hips? I finally did that and then again a week later and found that even though I couldn't see a difference, there WAS a good 2 inches off my waist and one off my hips. It was VERY reassuring!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too and I think we prob should only weigh once a week. I have a bad habit of checking it everyday!
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    Yea i have been weighing myself in the mornings, liek this morning before gym it said i weighted 235 and then after gym an hr later it said 240?? i dont understand at all! ive been at the same weight so almost a week and not losing idk what im doing wrong, im eating below my cals, and everyone is saying eat the exact amount it says but then i see ppl who eat less and still lose weight? Im working out as much as i can usually 5-6 days a week
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate greatly throughout the day. It's best to weigh 1x a week at around the same time of day. Now, I'll be honest with ya. I get on the scale every morning as soon as I get up, but I only track my weight once a week.
    The second picture does look like your tummy is a little flater, could be a variety of things, but I'd take it as a step in the right direction and use it to keep myself motivated.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    First of all, 2 weeks is hardly enough time. Give it two months to see results, and THEN, if it's not working, re-evaluate your plan.

Secondly, I DO see a difference, even if you don't. It's not because the shirt was out of the dryer.
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    thanks, ive been looking to see if my clothes look bigger or belly flatter, i just havent seen it, so i think i will start taking pics frequently and looking and see if they look smaller, i see myself everyday so i guess i can not tell
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What have you set as your goal to lose every week? Example - a two pound per week goal would be four pounds. While four pounds in two weeks is a comendable loss, you might not actually see the difference in the mirror.

Sometimes it takes a few more pounds before you can actually "see" the difference. If your clothes are feeling looser I would say that would be a better indicator.
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    @fiberartis thanks!
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    @epo I have it at 2 pounds per week, im suppose to eat like 12500 cals a day and i always eat less even when i eat alot because i am making healthy choices now, i work out all the time but like i said i lost 5 lbs ill weight myself and it will say 234 and then a hr later 240 so im confused, my clothes look the same to me, but i see myself everyday and so does my husband so we cant see a diff
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    my diary is public so everyone feel free to look at tell me if i am doing something wrong
  • fiberartist219
    Options
    Here's some suggestions:

1. Try to only weigh yourself once a day, at the same time everyday, while wearing more or less the same clothes. For example, I weigh myself in the morning, before breakfast, but after my first trip to the potty. It's almost always within a pound or two. However, if I weigh myself in the evening, I will weigh a good five pounds more than that, and it will be confusing and discouraging. Usually that 5 pounds depends on what I ate, how much water I'm retaining, and what kind of clothes and shoes I have on. If I go first thing in the morning, after the bathroom break, and while I'm still wearing pajamas, I'll get a consistent reading.

2. Remember to give it time. The slower you lose weight, the more likely you are to keep it off.

3. If the scale isn't telling you what you want to hear, get a measuring tape. Sometimes when you first start working out, you are building muscle and losing fat. The weight won't look different on the scale, but you will be losing fat, and your body will change shapes. Just try to make sure you are measuring in the same places, and pulling the tape to a consistent tension (not too tight, not too loose.)

4. Don't obsess. Log your foods and log your workouts, and weigh yourself, but don't check in 50 times a day and sit there and think about it all day long. Get a hobby and try to relax, because stress can cause weight gain. :)

5. 1250 calories might not be enough for you. MFP likes to put all of us short women at 1200-1300 calories, and for some that works, and others it does not. Personally, I go over my calorie goals more often than not, but I'm still losing weight. I am pretty sure I can go up to 1400 and still lose. If you feel hungry, go ahead and eat a healthy snack. I'm starting to believe this "starvation mode" is a real thing.
  • loombeav
    Options
    If you're eating less then 1200 calories a day eventually your weight loss will stop. Your body needs fuel to burn. Make sure you're hitting at least the 1200, after exercise and you'll see results that are more long term.
  • fiberartist219
    Options
    Ok, I read your diary, and you REALLY need to eat MORE.
  • loombeav
    Options
    Do you not track your water or not drink alot of it? Water will help flush your system out and honestly I have found is a huge help to weight loss. If you're not already drinking at least 8 glasses a day start working on that and it'll help also.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a tape measure and actually measuring your waist and hips? I finally did that and then again a week later and found that even though I couldn't see a difference, there WAS a good 2 inches off my waist and one off my hips. It was VERY reassuring!
    This.:wink:
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    Yea that is what i was afraid of im not eating enough, i just feel sooo guilty when i eat alot, and i was drinking alot of water but then stopped but i will start drinking more as of today
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    guess ill be going to by a tape measurer today ") thanks you guys! without everyones support i really feel like i wouldnt be doing this, i felt so bad like i wasnt doing a good job
  • ckjohnson0820
    Options
    okay i did more on my food diary today so take a look