Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    no. keep going. it just kicks your *kitten* majorly! lol
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Do you feel aches or do you feel pain? The aches will subside considerably after a few days and your muscles will adjust to the routine. However, if you're feeling pain then I'd stop the DVD and check into it.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    You havent done anything wrong =) Im on day 7 and im calves and thighs are killing me!!

Its just you haven't worked your muscles like that before thats all.

You shoud carry on with it, it will get easier.. Just takes time for your muscles to get used to the workouts :)
  • HeatherYevette
    HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY normal. Happened to me too. The hardest part of working out is sticking with it through the pain. It WILL go away, I promise.

I would suggest taking some L-arginine to help with the muscle pain and soreness.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/health-supplements/l-arginine-benefit-side-effect.html
  • Momalicious69
    Options
    What do you mean???... be pacific of what you have been doing. If you are just start to work w/ your legs, than yes it's going to hurt. New excerises working muscles that aren't or haven't been work will hurt, even when you pro walk for 30 minutes. Start off slow/moderate steps and keep going alittle more to you reach your speed/excerise. Please stretch your muscles before and after excerises. Hopefully this will help :-)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I got shin splints in part from the 30DS and had to stop. But I think it was my shoes.
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    the 1st time I did the 30 day shred I thought I was going to die. I even got stuck on the toilet one night (I think about day 3), lol. It gets better, and eventually it doesn't hurt at all. I am on about the 4th run through, I am doing it every 3rd day or so now in conjunction with other exercises, but I am proud to say I made it through the 30 days. If I can do it, anyone can.

good luck~

Tracey

p.s. take some advil
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've got about 5 days left of L3. My legs were soo sore after the first couple of days at L1, I vaguely remember it subsiding around day 4 - I really struggled even to walk down stairs though. It does get better and it does work - keep at it and remember to follow the moves exactly each time - push through the aches :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Jillian is the devil but she gets results!!! Keep it up and work through the pain. You'll be glad you did in the end.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, make sure it isn't pain and it is just an ache or soreness. I get sore and ache in my hips and lower "butt" area for a few days after doing it and it goes away. I would alternate with maybe a few yoga stretches throughout the week. Good Luck!!! Or try to do the modified versions more.
  • MrsJessieB
    Options
    no keep going... i love this DVD just reached level 2.... level 3 looks crazy but its great good luck :-)
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    No you are doing great!! I hurt for a week but it was less and less as the week went by and I started feeling great at the start of the next week. Keep up the good work and keep your head high!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    im the same
  • Tcasillas
    Options
    Done 3 days. I feel your pain!!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred will really make you ache if you're not used to working out... even if you are it's pretty intense. lol But it's a hell of a workout and will definitely give you results if you work hard and are consistent with it.