Whats up butter cups?

Options
Hi Guys,

I am 37 years old and just got over a back injury where i ruptured my L3,L4,L5. After that i am now trying to loose weight so that i can take the pressure off my back. Current weight is around 97 kg (215lbs) and about 6ft tall.

The keto diet was mentioned as a good fit for me so i am giving that a go. I am five days in and so far so good. Its quite hard to keep the carbs low when things like avocados and onions have so many but i am finding my way.

After the first month i will be looking to re-introduce exercise, starting off with pilates first followed by swimming and finally moving back to running which i enjoy but obviously is not so great for the back :disappointed:

I am making sure to keep my diary up to date and sticking to the diet. I always had a bit of a sweet tooth but after being stuck on the ground unable to move in agony i have quite a lot of motivation to help my back out :smile:

all the best

Graham

Replies

• OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Graham. Welcome to MFP.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    My L5 is fused to my sacrum. Was back lifting a year after surgery. Find a good physical therapist and doctor if you don’t have one and you’ll be back to doing what you enjoy.