Here we go again....

Options
Good morning, one and all. My name is Martie, I, I'm 68, soon to be 69 years old and I'm tired of the extra weight. I would like my 69th year to be slimmer, healthier and happier. I have a closet full of delightful clothes that will look great on me when I lose a minimum of 30 pounds. 30 is my initial goal. Once I get there I'll decide what the next goal will be. At the very least it will be to maintain! I am looking forward to being part of a community that will inspire me and remind me of my true desire to lose the fat instead of giving in to an immediate desire of tasteful pleasures! LOL

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 70 and still trying, you have to stay with it to win it. Good luck on the journey and good for you for getting the job done
  • MartieZee
    MartieZee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Stay positive, you can do this. I lost 52 pounds last year, so I know it's not easy!!!! Surround yourself with positive people, that made a difference for me:)
  • WPerry66
    WPerry66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey Martie! It's really inspiring to see someone here who's in such a similar situation. I too, have set my goal at 30lbs., And I have a nice closet full of clothes waiting for me when I reach it. I refuse to buy new ones, because I feel as if that's giving in to the problem. Recently I've felt very uncomfortable in my every day clothes, but I hope by summertime I'll be able to remedy that.

Stay strong and focused, I look forward to hearing about your successes!
  • MartieZee
    MartieZee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you one and all. So far so good. I am "pushing" water, setting daily goals, logging EVERYTHING and so far so good. I not only want to shed weight, it is imperative that I develop new habits and routines or it will all be for naught! Been there, done that!