Saggy skin?

Options
I’m almost 20 years old, about 193 pounds right now and I’m trying to get to around 140 or less.. Can someone please tell me if I will have loose skin? I also feel like I’m loosing weight quicker than I should, but I’m not sure how to go slower. My goal is to lose around 1.5-2lbs a week and it seems to be going around 3-4 a week.

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately, no one can tell you this because as far as anyone knows, the primary deciding factor is genetic. Many people who have loose skin finds that it tightens over the course of a year or two after losing, but many don't. And, of course, many people don't end up with loose skin at all. Just remember that you with loose skin at a healthy weight will be healthier than you without.

And if you're losing faster than you like (assuming it's been more than a couple of weeks - early losses are often mostly water), you'll want to eat more. I started at 208 lbs last year and have been losing about a pound a week since then - I'm down about 40 now and no sign of loose skin yet, but I feel great!

ETA: That's not to say I credit my rate of loss with the lack of loose skin - it could still happen.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Genetics!!! Weight lifting will also help tremendsly
  • kyraleigh7163
    kyraleigh7163 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing about 30 minutes of strength training as well as 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week ☺️
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I went from 223 to 146. Needless to say my boobs suffered the worst of it. They are saggy from extreme reduction in size. I lifted weight religiously during the process and walked a ton. Legs and arms are normal I'd say. Still have a little double wave when waving! Only problem that persists is my belly flap. Look fine with cloths on but I'll never pull off a bikini comfortably. No amount of targeted situps has improved this for me. Everyone loses weight differently and bodies rebound differently. May advise, lift weights and tone up along the journey to minimize the impact.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I put on around 50lbs when i was your age with my 1st pregnancy, I put it on quickly and lost it really quickly, zero loose skin. Had my 2nd bub 2 years later, put on around 25lbs, still no loose skin.

Fast forward to now, I'm 45 and had 30lbs to lose, i lost it very slowly. I have slight crepeyness on my belly and inner thighs, but nothing dramatic.

Long story short, none of us can predict your future, but you do have age on your side and if you're anything like i was you will lose the weight unscathed.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Younger people have a better ability to tighten up loose skin, because they have more collagen which supposedly helps.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin on my stomach, as that was where I stored fat the worst. Still had an hourglass view from the front, could pass for preggo from the side (though thighs still had some bulk).

I'm still bamf, and it is slowly going away. It is worth the loose skin. But really, it is up to your genetics, how well you take care of yourself, etc.