Tips for Staying Motivated - Sharing Mine, Give Me Yours!

Options
Here are some of my tips for staying motivated and not losing sight of your goals. They're mostly for the ladies (sorry guys). Change can be slow to happen when it comes to our bodies, so it's easy to get discouraged. I find if I can FEEL good about myself along the way, I can stay the course. Let me know your favorite tips!
  1. Get a tan.
    Outside or at a tanning salon. A little controversial maybe, but I tan in salons so rarely I think I'll be alright (I'm talking like, 3-4 sessions in my lifetime). If you're feeling body conscious, going to the salon can be a treat. You listen to music, get to be ALONE and have some YOU time. And you will feel better looking at yourself naked lol. Like I said, use your own discretion here...
  2. Get your toes done.
    You'd be surprised how good you feel after spending $25 on a pedicure. Something about looking good from your head to your toes just makes you feel sexy hehe ;)
  3. Do a face mask/treatment.
    Sometimes if I'm munchy or bored in the evenings, I'll distract myself with a beauty treatment. I like to steam my face for 5-10 minutes with some good music, then I do an egg white mask with some papertowel over top (it works like a giant blackhead strip!! It's amazing!!). Clay masks are good too :)
  4. Look at before and afters on Pinterest.
    If they can do it, so can YOU! I look at those and say, "Yup, that's going to be me!"
  5. Buy you something that you look good in RIGHT NOW.
    STOP saying "no, I'll buy it when I lose the weight." Unless you're on a ridiculously tight budget or it's a wardrobe staple/investment piece that costs a pretty penny, buy it NOW. A pair of jeans that fits just right can be the difference between stopping to check yourself out in the mirror or avoiding your reflection because you feel like a baked potato.
  6. Pin those outfits you'd like to wear.
    That sexy outfit with the bodycon skirt and the thigh high boots that you're in love with but not yet confident enough to wear??? PIN IT. Let it be your motivation!
  7. Go for a walk.
    No workout motivation today? Feeling down? Go for a walk. Just get up and go. 30 minutes. You'll burn calories, you'll get endorphins going, you can people watch, AND even just viewing nature/greenery has been proven to physically and mentally help your wellbeing. You'll feel much better about yourself for doing something instead of nothing.
  8. Do your makeup.
    Everyone's different but for me, makeup is my war paint. Most days I'm lazy to put it on, but on the days I do I notice a real difference in my attitude. I just feel good when I've got it on - confident. And when I feel confident, I show that on the outside. If a little eyeliner and concealer can take me from kitten to tiger, I'll take it.
  9. Get your hair done!
    We all know how much getting your hair done can boost your spirits! It could be the perfect pick-me-up next time you're feeling discouraged.

What are your tips??

Replies

• mudrunner79
    mudrunner79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This time of year the tanning bed is great therapy. It certainly does make you feel better about yourself. Great tips, thanks!
    Morning workouts is my tip. Get it done early so you're energized for the day. Less likely to overeat or choose bad food options!
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @marysmail_2000 I love that one! Sets your mind for the whole day for sure!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I typically do 3-4 cycling events per year...my first is usually in April so it's about time to start ramping up the miles. I do a time trial series in the summer and then another endurance event in September and cap off the season in October with the Day of the Tread ride which is purely fun and everyone gets dressed up and whatnot...kids love it too.

If I'm feeling froggy I'll do a couple of CX races in late fall/early winter.

Last year I skipped the time trial series...
  • southrnchic479
    southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @cwolfman13 I think that's great. Smaller milestones/short term goals are definitely a key factor to staying committed! Keeps your mind busy on what you've got to do to get to the next step rather than focusing on the longhaul in front of you.
  • Jmcflyasaurus24
    Jmcflyasaurus24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the tips! Thanks!
  • silviamartins
    silviamartins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great post!