NEWBIE: Hoping to take control!!

Options
KTnTally
KTnTally Posts: 14 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Katie. I'm 40 years old and have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I'm 5'1 and 210 pounds. I have a goal of 140 LB so I have 70 pounds to lose. I'm going to do a low carb approach. 18-30 carbs a day. I would love to do 18-20 carbs a day but I have FSGS a kidney disease. I have to watch my protein intake amounts (around 70-80 per day) so I have to allow more carbs for the veggies. I would love insight and love to add friends on a low carb/carb restricted journey. Any advice or encouragement is welcomed. I'm worry about failure. I have fallen off the wagon many times and weight gain has over taken over my scale. Being diabetic over 200 pounds and only 5'1 is scary to me. I have a 4 year old daughter. I have alot of life I need to be around for.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If you have to limit both carbs and protein, you have to up fat intake, but fat is delicious and satisfying, so you can look forward to some great food as your weight drops.
  • KTnTally
    KTnTally Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you Kommodevaran. Sent a friend request hope you don’t mind
  • jfriona6204
    jfriona6204 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Katie,

I am a newly diagnosed Type II with a Ac1 of 11.4. I am at 201 lbs and I am 5'6".
    For now my goal is to reach 190 1ls by March 1 and to dicapline my habits e.g.
    1) eneter all food and drink to MFP every day
    2) find the ideal meter which could sync with MFP and use it:
    a) before each meal,
    b) one hour after each meal,
    c) two hours after each meal

Do you know if MFP “syncs” with any blood meters automaticlly?

I would love to learn more about your journey to better health and learn from you.

Stay positive and keep striving for your goals!

Best, Joe