Anyone with meal ideas for vegetarians

Options
Hello. Anyone have great fast easy meal ideas for vegetarians who is also unable to consume chicken and turkey!! Thanks guys

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're a vegetarian, you're not eating chicken or turkey anyway. Get a vegetarian cookbook, learn to cook (cooking becomes faster and easier with practice), and prepare meals you like.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Figure out what veggies and fruits you like and go with those. Include nuts if you can but be sure to measure them as a serving is small. Include tofu in dishes.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I often just use meat replacements for meals I already ate before becoming vegetarian. It might not be the 'cleanest' way if you're into that stuff, but it's simple and I think it tastes good.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hello. Anyone have great fast easy meal ideas for vegetarians who is also unable to consume chicken and turkey!! Thanks guys

Indian food or Middle Eastern food
  • CarboShannon
    CarboShannon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Breakfast favorite. Veggie bacon cut it up, fry in a spray of olive oil and scramble in egg whites. Yum!! Use a non stick pan that way you cut out excess oil. Low in calories high in protein meal. If I know it will be a while before I eat again I will heat up a corn tortilla and put the scrambled eggs in a corn tortilla
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    My typical go-to quick meal is sautéing a bunch of veggie, usually including some leafy greens, and some beans (black, chickpea, kidney, etc) then throwing that on top of rice, quinoa, or a baked potato (white or sweet). Sometimes I'll do a stir fry of sorts with some noodles. Sometimes I'll throw some veggies and beans into a jar of pasta sauce and have a bowl of pasta. Or join st olive oil and veggies. Those are all my most basic go-to meals. You can get fancier than that (and I do), but they're all easy, quick, filling, and don't rely on meat replacements or even tofu (you COULD do tofu if you want. I'm not wild about the stuff, so don't use it often).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    Pea or bean soup with whatever amendments you like. Enchiladas or burritos. Tempeh or tofu veggie stir fry. Edamame fettuccinenor black bean spaghetti with peanut sauce and veggies. Corn and bean tamales. Tempeh Rueben style (tomatoes, sauerkraut, caramelized onions). Chickpea pasta or quinoa with roasted veggies. Black bean soft tacos with sweet potato chunks, sweet onions, and nutritional yeast mixed in the beans. Mushrooms and barley or buckwheat groats. Hummus and tabouli. Mujadara (seasoned lentils, onions, bulgar wheat). Vegetarian korma (veggies, Indian spices, cashew sauce) over brown rice.

I could go on and on (vegetarian since 1974).

And those are fully plant sourced. If you eat eggs or dairy, additional universes open up.

My opinion only: Skip the fake meats. Yucky.
  • reshieroo
    reshieroo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. tortilla
    2. chickpeas
    3. baked falafel x2
    4. Tbsp tabbouleh
    5. Tbsp hummus x2
    6. raw onions
    7. black olives
    8. smashed avocado
    9. cherry tomatoes
    10. grated beetroot
    11. grated carrot

Chop up everything, put all the ingredients in the tortilla, roll it up and eat! comes to between 500 and 600 calories.
  • hmomomo
    hmomomo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I recommend the Hugh Fearnly Whittington (?) veg cookbook. It's amazing, and full of proper recipes and real meals WITHOUT the need for any meat.

Try cooking curries as well. Avoid the jars of premixed sauce: a few spices, a little oil, and water then lots of ginger and veg, and you're well on your way to a delicious filling healthy meal.

I also like beans (kidney, butter bean, borlotti, black eyed etc) in tomato or spicy sauce with rice.

All v healthy, and simple to do. Good luck!