Have lost 13 pounds in 17 days!

2»

Replies

• tanias27
    tanias27 Posts: 1 Member
    What does your sample day look
    Like? I’m having such a hard time
    rainbowblu wrote: »
    I just lost 13lbs in 6 days..then 2lbs came back..I know that it's water weight,but ehhh it's still motivating to watch...Congrats and keep up the good work!
    I just lost 13lbs in 6 days..then 2lbs came back..I know that it's water weight,but ehhh it's still motivating to watch...Congrats and keep up the good work!

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    Out of curiousity.... :) ..... what is your daily calorie goal?
    My intake goal is 1400 because my goal weight is 140

That doesn't sound right.

At 225 lbs you could probably eat more, plus exercise calories. How tall are you?

• hopeedanielle
    hopeedanielle Posts: 25 Member
    tanias27 wrote: »
    What does your sample day look
    Like? I’m having such a hard time
    Most days my breakfast will be either 0% fage Greek yogurt with blueberries, special k cereal w unsweetened vanilla almond milk or maple brown sugar cream of wheat. For lunch I'll have either a salad or a whole wheat sandwich and dinner typically veggies and chicken. Sometimes I which it up once in a while I'll cheat like today I had a slice of pizza but trust me it doesn't hurt if you only do it for one meal and it's only once or twice a week. I hope this helped somewhat (: also if you get hungry in between some things I like to snack on are apples, grapes, I have some gluten free protein snacks just different things
  • hopeedanielle
    amfmmama wrote: »
    a pound of water = a pound of avocados = a pound of feathers = a pound of puppies.... A pound is a pound! I cannot stand when people say "it's just water weight!" How about Awesome! You should be proud of initiating a healthier you, and sticking to it!

Great job hopeedanielle!

Aww! This really made my day! Thanks for the positivity, good luck on your journey
  • hopeedanielle
    Orphia wrote: »

At 225 lbs you could probably eat more, plus exercise calories. How tall are you?

That's what the app set for me. It is right to find your typical daily calorie intake you multiply your weight times ten. And I'm not 225, I'm 210 now. I could eat more but I get full around 1400 so why eat more
  • MaccaMoo11
    MaccaMoo11 Posts: 10 Member
    I started healthy eating at the start of November 2017 at 1460 calories a day I lost 14lbs in 2 months then came Christmas I didn’t over indulge as usual I stayed the same weight over the festive period I enjoyed some foods but have gone back to healthy eating & have since lost another 3lbs. I don’t stress over it anymore I just enjoy what I’m eating & if I fancy a little of something I have it & still lose weight as I’m sticking to my daily calorie intake. I don’t know what has changed within me but before when I’ve been on a diet especially these slimming club diets I was always in a rush to lose the weight & was disappointed if I didn’t lose every week, also it was on my mind all the time but now I’m taking it all in my stride & in no rush at all, I also took my measurements before I started & if you don’t see results on the scales measure yourself you’ll be amazed at how many inches you’ve lost. I don’t exercise either as I have really bad joint disease but once I’ve lost a lot more weight I will probably start to do some gentle exercise that is ok for my joints. So keep up the great work everyone we will get to were we want to be x
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member

That's what the app set for me. It is right to find your typical daily calorie intake you multiply your weight times ten. And I'm not 225, I'm 210 now. I could eat more but I get full around 1400 so why eat more

is 1400 what MFP gave you to lose 2lbs a week? If you exercise then you need to eat back those calories as well.

Great job on the weight loss so far :smiley: Wishing you all the best for continued loss, 2lbs per week is perfect until you get closer to goal weight then 1lb loss is enough. My only input is for you to eat more fat as well.
  • hopeedanielle

is 1400 what MFP gave you to lose 2lbs a week? If you exercise then you need to eat back those calories as well.

Great job on the weight loss so far :smiley: Wishing you all the best for continued loss, 2lbs per week is perfect until you get closer to goal weight then 1lb loss is enough. My only input is for you to eat more fat as well.

Aw thank you, I'll have to implement some more I definitely am not trying to do rapid weight loss or anything I'm trying to do this the healthy way. And yes I agree if I do a long day or a workout day I typically do eat more but most days I stay in the 1200-1400 range
  • hopeedanielle
    MaccaMoo11 wrote: »
    I started healthy eating at the start of November 2017 at 1460 calories a day I lost 14lbs in 2 months then came Christmas I didn’t over indulge as usual I stayed the same weight over the festive period I enjoyed some foods but have gone back to healthy eating & have since lost another 3lbs. I don’t stress over it anymore I just enjoy what I’m eating & if I fancy a little of something I have it & still lose weight as I’m sticking to my daily calorie intake. I don’t know what has changed within me but before when I’ve been on a diet especially these slimming club diets I was always in a rush to lose the weight & was disappointed if I didn’t lose every week, also it was on my mind all the time but now I’m taking it all in my stride & in no rush at all, I also took my measurements before I started & if you don’t see results on the scales measure yourself you’ll be amazed at how many inches you’ve lost. I don’t exercise either as I have really bad joint disease but once I’ve lost a lot more weight I will probably start to do some gentle exercise that is ok for my joints. So keep up the great work everyone we will get to were we want to be x

Good for you! This is exactly how to lose weight the healthy way. So many diets are restricting and not sustainable long term it has a lot to do with why everyone who does these fad diets like Atkin or paleo gain the weight back. Thanks for your story I loved it!
  • chelliz88
    chelliz88 Posts: 62 Member
    Ugh, I tried quoting you for this reply, but my phone won't let me!

Out of curiosity, if you put your goal weight as higher, will you get more calories? I've slowly made my goal lower each time I've gotten to the goal listed. If that's confusing, let me know.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    chelliz88 wrote: »
    Ugh, I tried quoting you for this reply, but my phone won't let me!

Out of curiosity, if you put your goal weight as higher, will you get more calories? I've slowly made my goal lower each time I've gotten to the goal listed. If that's confusing, let me know.

I'm not the OP, but your goal weight doesn't have any bearing on the calories MFP gives you- just your current weight, weekly weight loss goal (1 lb/week, for instance) and the activity level you select.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    a pound of water = a pound of avocados = a pound of feathers = a pound of puppies.... A pound is a pound! I cannot stand when people say "it's just water weight!" How about Awesome! You should be proud of initiating a healthier you, and sticking to it!

Great job hopeedanielle!

I have to work hard to lose a pound of fat. I can lose a pound of water by using the restroom ;)

Reminding people that some of that initial loss is water is encouraging balance, because the water can (and does) come back just as easily, and then people bemoan that they've "gained" 5 lbs even though they may still be enjoying good success with their fat loss.

I do get what you are saying, but I think we beat ourselves up enough. The minute someone says "just" in front of some else's success, it takes away from the accomplishment.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member

Great job hopeedanielle!

Amfmmama I don't think people are being negative, they are just watching out for her. If ssomeone starts out and doesn't understand about water weight they risk to fall off the wagon when the rate of loss slows down. People are just being helpful is all - also for the benefit of lurkers because not everyone who reads the original post will understand a lot of the weight was water, and may expect to duplicate the results and be disapointed when they don't, or do something drastically unhealthy.

Luckily the OP apparently understands the water vs fat loss and is aiming for a realistic rate of loss (2 lb is probably reasonable at this early stage if she has a lot to lose). That is a very good start OP, congrats on the loss! When you start exercising regularly you are supposed to eat back at least a portion of your excercise calories to fuel your workouts and not burn out. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS I know you are happy! Keep up the good work <3
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Nuts
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!