Need some motivation

Options
Hi! I've been a member of mfp since early this year and have lost 46 lbs already! I'm very happy about it, but for the last couple of months, I haven't been as motivated and I've gone from losing an average of 10 lbs a month, to about 1 lb a month. I know I can lose more if I become excited about my journey again. I still have at least 30 lbs to lose (maybe more, depending on how I feel when I get there). I'm a mom of 2 (4 and 3 years old), and a step-mom to 2 (13 and 10). I'm 5'2", and 32 years old. If you have similar goals, please add me as a friend! I think that extra support would help push me along and get me excited again! Thank you!!

Replies

• smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastically, look at what you have achieved so far, i am a mum of 3 ages 6.4 and 2, i know what its like to lack the motorvation but just think of the end result, how much more you will be able to do with your children,, i have approx 36lbs to lose possibly more i'll decide when im there but if you would like to add me feel free, i am only just starting out again on day 3, keep up the good work honey, xx
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I'll add you =] I love to help motivate!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I'll add you =] I love to help motivate!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Hi there..I'm a mom as well but I am 40 (and Fabulous) and 5'5"...my kids are 17,15,14 and 11...I would like to lose another 16 pounds and they seem to be taunting me cruelly, lol...but I am determined to get there...I am in need of motivation as well and thought I'd send you a request....blessings sweetie
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Hang in there! When we are trying to lose pounds, a slow loss is better than no loss! And I have read much about how a slow loss is usually better than a fast loss. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Good things happen over time. Keep focused on what you need, not necessarily what you want. Give your body what it needs: good quality food, and regular exercise. Don't sweat the small stuff and minor setbacks. Stay positive, and simplify. If you keep on the path, you will be pleased with the results. Good luck and good health to ya!
  • SarahAlt
    SarahAlt Posts: 44
    Options
    I need some motivation too. I'm 27 and mom of 2 ages 20 months and 3 yrs. I lost 20 lbs on here over a year ago and have been trying to get back in the groove since the spring as I have about 20 more to go. In the last month I've kicked my exercise up a couple of notches and really started paying attention to things like sugar and sodium and protein and still the scale reads 139. I'd thought I'd made some progress this week and then yesterday was a bad food and exercise day and I feel like it caused me to digress I suppose. I'm feeling really frustrated today and sort of bummed out. You would think after working this hard for a few weeks I'd see at least 2lbs gone.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 (in a few days) mother of 4 and soon to be a grandmother. I had been hounded by my doctor for some time now to lose weight and although I did "try" I know my heart was not into it. Recently my life started changing (not in my control) and I decided that I wanted to be back in control of some of it, my health and hapiness. That meant listen to the doctor. I have been slowly changing things like exercise habits and eating. Slowly because I wanted this to be a permanent change and not just a goal. I know do things without even thinking like taking the stairs or parking as far as possible so that i may walk more. My meal choices are alot better and I can mostly make the right choices, he he. Thing is since I made the changes slowly it is now a new me and I feel so much better. Of course I do have friends here and at home who monitor me and push if I need it. I like when I get told that I've been slacking or slowing down because I know i'm not alone and i get back on track.

Feel free to add me and let me know how honest you want me to be... Here's to a new us!:drinker: